Bump Mapping

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Bump Mapping
Does anyone think it's possible in CA?

I know there's a greyscale method, but I don't know how to incorporate that into CA.

I'll try it and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post
Does anyone think it's possible in CA?

I know there's a greyscale method, but I don't know how to incorporate that into CA.

I'll try it and report back.

Its possible, either do a shaders fx mod or you can do it through RS.rez but its not easy and will only be applied to characters/objects
Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
What's bump mapping?
@666HiddenMaster666

this.



Without modifying the actual model file.


Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Its possible, either do a shaders fx mod or you can do it through RS.rez but its not easy and will only be applied to characters/objects
, I was wondering if I could do it to a gun skin. ;/
Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post


@666HiddenMaster666

this.



Without modifying the actual model file.




, I was wondering if I could do it to a gun skin. ;/
The only way you will get hat effect that u want is through FX shaded mods or renderstyle because that's the.files.that the game uses to render light and texture on objects

On newer games that you see today, if u ever go into texture editing (I did on guitar hero 3), you notice this kind of texture file, as well as a normal texture...



That is the bump map of a brick wall on gh3...if I browsed further I would also fi.d the normal texture that's red and brown and such...but im lazy

Bump map images, such as the above, are the present day game engine renderstyles of the past lithtect jupiter engine of its time. That image shows where the wall should be brighter/darker.

In short, no u can't do it with just CA texture edits. But on most newer games, you can. (Battlefield p4f uses that type of bump mappig)
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
The only way you will get hat effect that u want is through FX shaded mods or renderstyle because that's the.files.that the game uses to render light and texture on objects

On newer games that you see today, if u ever go into texture editing (I did on guitar hero 3), you notice this kind of texture file, as well as a normal texture...



That is the bump map of a brick wall on gh3...if I browsed further I would also fi.d the normal texture that's red and brown and such...but im lazy

Bump map images, such as the above, are the present day game engine renderstyles of the past lithtect jupiter engine of its time. That image shows where the wall should be brighter/darker.

In short, no u can't do it with just CA texture edits. But on most newer games, you can. (Battlefield p4f uses that type of bump mappig)
Yeah, I know, which is why I asked it. ;/

I was wondering if the bump texture files were held elsewhere.

Oh well.
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
Its possible, either do a shaders fx mod or you can do it through RS.rez but its not easy and will only be applied to characters/objects
lol dude that's why easy...
well maybe not threw modding but editing the memory in a live game is super easy Im not sure about modding files but editing the Memory during game is easy an pretty easy to find out what is what i found out how to do this from halo 2 i was a big moder / hacker for that making coop online
Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tedy Bear View Post
lol dude that's why easy...
well maybe not threw modding but editing the memory in a live game is super easy Im not sure about modding files but editing the Memory during game is easy an pretty easy to find out what is what i found out how to do this from halo 2 i was a big moder / hacker for that making coop online
I don't understand how that pertains to bump mapping, but OKAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Tedy Bear View Post
lol dude that's why easy...
well maybe not threw modding but editing the memory in a live game is super easy Im not sure about modding files but editing the Memory during game is easy an pretty easy to find out what is what i found out how to do this from halo 2 i was a big moder / hacker for that making coop online
U random ass bitch!

And editing memory wit mods works via c++ too...but only to a certain extent...u should pm me and teach me memory hackig, could be useful
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
U random ass bitch!

And editing memory wit mods works via c++ too...but only to a certain extent...u should pm me and teach me memory hackig, could be useful
):

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Swift View Post
Somebody did SOMETHING like that a little while ago. I think it was somewhere in FX.rez if im not mistaken, everything was like Neon and shit
Drigien, he made a borderlands style CA.
Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post


):



Drigien, he made a borderlands style CA.
Yeah, he made an FX edit...but not fx.rez, it was Shaders.rez
Bumping map? ^
That didn't include much info.
Somebody did SOMETHING like that a little while ago. I think it was somewhere in FX.rez if im not mistaken, everything was like Neon and shit
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?