Checking for CFGs

Posts 16–24 of 24 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by UlRRvtk7 View Post
Use the 'a' option. It's in the readme.
Reading time. Lol.
More on the amusing side of searching through these .hfs, if you open A45A046711969B513D112DE7E6FCE25359B9D97F.hfs, there is quite a few amusing sounds that I'm sure will make you at least smile. I didn't know jellies sounded so weird. >_<
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
More on the amusing side of searching through these .hfs, if you open A45A046711969B513D112DE7E6FCE25359B9D97F.hfs, there is quite a few amusing sounds that I'm sure will make you at least smile. I didn't know jellies sounded so weird. >_<
Ooh! I will get to that as soon as those 2gb of .hfs's stop flipping
Is it possible to insert a .wav in place of a sound and rename the file so on your end whenever said action happens, it uses that sound instead.

For instance, in C7E9952680D9A2EC6F04FD98C9F8DE754BEBF728.hfs, there is all of Evie's Spell's sounds. Could I replace magic_arrow_fire.wav with a part of a song as long as I rename is magic_arrow_fire.wav
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
Is it possible to insert a .wav in place of a sound and rename the file so on your end whenever said action happens, it uses that sound instead.

For instance, in C7E9952680D9A2EC6F04FD98C9F8DE754BEBF728.hfs, there is all of Evie's Spell's sounds. Could I replace magic_arrow_fire.wav with a part of a song as long as I rename is magic_arrow_fire.wav
Well it all depends if you can convert it back to what vindi thinks is a legit .hfs
other than that, I dont see why not
I tried it. Doesn't work. XP That would've been cool though!
Quote Originally Posted by Helepheil View Post
I tried it. Doesn't work. XP That would've been cool though!
Modded Gnoll Chieftain roars to sound like a baby seal = win.
But I mean, was the .hfs protected? if not, maybe these were trash .wav's and the real sounds are somewhere else :/
It`s possible to do it if the file isn`t protected.
See, there are some uneditable .hfs files. (If you edit them- game won`t work)
If the .hfs is protected than it won`t work, if it isn`t - it`ll work.
And I think you gotta make sure the song you change it to is rendered the same way the original wav file is (kbps and rate o: )
Quote Originally Posted by Sarhamam View Post
It`s possible to do it if the file isn`t protected.
See, there are some uneditable .hfs files. (If you edit them- game won`t work)
If the .hfs is protected than it won`t work, if it isn`t - it`ll work.
And I think you gotta make sure the song you change it to is rendered the same way the original wav file is (kbps and rate o: )
I simply know when I replaced the .wav with another .wav, I went in game and that sound effect was completely removed. The sound for Evie casting her initial wind arrow played but the actual action sound did not for all succeeding arrows.
Posts 16–24 of 24 · Page 2 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

Need help?