Math problem...

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Math problem...
Can someone help me ?

Determine the equation of bisector straight r on AB segment.
Information:
A(1, 4)
B(3, 2)

Thanks @Jigsaw for translating
And sorry for my translation.
Could you tell me the name of the Chapter? Or the name of this particular Subject? I don't know any mathematical language, in English.

I believe @Alen is pretty good at Maths
@Capevaldo
@Ravallo: This question is quite an advanced linear graph question. It's about a year 9-11 question. It involves calculating midpoints, finding the normal/gradient of a graph, finding equations by using formulas etc.
First of all, find the mid point.
(2,3)

Second, find the the gradient of the 2 points using the formula: y1-y2/x1-x2= 4-2/1-3=2/-2=-1
Therefore m= -1.
The bisector must be the normal of the gradient as it is perpendicular.
Normal= -1/m
Therefore the gradient of your bisector is -1/(-1) which is 1.

Use the formula
y2-y1=m(x2-x1)
sub in the midpoint and gradient of the bisector
y-3=1(x-2)
y=x+1

Sorry if I'm wrong, I was in a rush.




If in assistance of any math problems, I can try to assist you in the future.
I think you're right, @Dr.Dental.

My math book has answers for exercises... the answer for this exercise is
x - y + 1 = 0

And your answer is: y = x + 1 ~~> x - y + 1 = 0
*-*
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us