Coloured Overlay (I need help!)

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Coloured Overlay (I need help!)
Hello Hackers and Coders,

I know that it might not be very common to request hacks here, but trying won't hurt.

I have been searching for a decent way to greenscreen (Chroma Key) in Black Ops for a long time now (I want to make everything but the weapon in a video transparent). I tried special spots on the maps, outside the maps (noclip) and even looking at the sky, but it was far from satisfactory.

I also tried texturehacking, but I wasn't able to find the textures of any wall or surface of the mp_ maps in the .iwd.

So my last resort is a hack. I don't know if it's very complex or fairly easy to code, and I don't expect anyone to spend hours of work to make it.


So here's what I need:

The weapons in FPS games are always "x-ray"-visible, meaning that they are visible through other objects (this way, if you walk up to a wall with your sniper rifle, it doesnt stick through it)
Some kind of neon-green or blue overlay that hides everything but the weapon and the arms/hands would solve my problem.
It doesn't need to be undetected: I would use it on Black Ops - Skidrow update5&6
Maybe there's even a way to do it with enbseries?


ⓘ
It would need to look something like this.
(the screenshot was taken outside the map, but apparently the blue is to light and therefore not practical)


I honestly don't know a way to achieve such an effect, so I need your help!

Do you know a way to greenscreen in Black Ops?
Is someone able and willing to code a hack that solves my problem?


Thanks in advance for helpful answers,

Placeb0
Wow! First off might I say finally someone who can actually request something being done without plain out begging. I would think that the easiest way for this to work would be a texture hack. Replace every aspect of the game (If its possible-- or maybe just an area) with a green texture but the gun and player. I'll mention some good texture hackers who might be able to help you out:

@Heartview
@Ace666
@Skyline.
@PP_CrazyApple

And there's some more I forgot about probably.
Quote Originally Posted by Placeb0 View Post
Hello Hackers and Coders,
I know that it might not be very common to request hacks here, but trying won't hurt.
I have been searching for a decent way to greenscreen (Chroma Key) in Black Ops for a long time now (I want to make everything but the weapon in a video transparent). I tried special spots on the maps, outside the maps (noclip) and even looking at the sky, but it was far from satisfactory.
I also tried texturehacking, but I wasn't able to find the textures of any wall or surface of the mp_ maps in the .iwd.
So my last resort is a hack. I don't know if it's very complex or fairly easy to code, and I don't expect anyone to spend hours of work to make it.
So here's what I need:
The weapons in FPS games are always "x-ray"-visible, meaning that they are visible through other objects (this way, if you walk up to a wall with your sniper rifle, it doesnt stick through it)
Some kind of neon-green or blue overlay that hides everything but the weapon and the arms/hands would solve my problem.
It doesn't need to be undetected: I would use it on Black Ops - Skidrow update5&6
Maybe there's even a way to do it with enbseries?

It would need to look something like this.
(the screenshot was taken outside the map, but apparently the blue is to light and therefore not practical)
I honestly don't know a way to achieve such an effect, so I need your help!

Do you know a way to greenscreen in Black Ops?
Is someone able and willing to code a hack that solves my problem?

Thanks in advance for helpful answers,

Placeb0
here's what i understand of your situation;
~ with normal texture hacking it will take a long time to change everything to be certain colours, and imagine doing more than 1 map. now i use to know a guy that was able to turn walls see through but it didn't work for long, now unless you want JUST the gun to be a certain colour, like...lets say chams, then yes its possible, even probably possible with models. and i doubt that blackops is that advance/nillingwilly to allow us to enable/mod such feature, yet!.
Isn't there a dvar for changing the sky color or somethings?
Thanks for your answers and possible solutions.

As for the texture hacking, all I would really need is a big wall on any map thats just one color. The Problem is: I wasn't able to find any multiplayer map texture in the .iwds.

As for the dvar: Great Idea, but how can I find out if such a variable exists?

Sorry for the double post, but it doesn't seem to be possible to edit my last posting.

I found those dvars on the net
Code:
0x8374BE10 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_angle0
angle0 of sky intensity
0x8374BE80 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_angle1
angle1 of sky intensity
0x8374BEF0 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_factor0
angle0 of sky intensity
0x8374BF60 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_factor1
angle1 of sky intensity
0x8374BD30 - Type: BOOL - r_sky_intensity_showDebugDisplay
Enables sky intensity debugging display
0x8374BDA0 - Type: BOOL - r_sky_intensity_useDebugValues
use dvar values for sky intensity
0x8374B240 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_skyColorTemp
Sky box color temp.
0x8374B0F0 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_skyTransition
Sky transition blend factor.
The red one seems to be useful.How do I use these? Just enter them into the console? But then, which number do I enter after the command?
Quote Originally Posted by Placeb0 View Post
Thanks for your answers and possible solutions.

As for the texture hacking, all I would really need is a big wall on any map thats just one color. The Problem is: I wasn't able to find any multiplayer map texture in the .iwds.

As for the dvar: Great Idea, but how can I find out if such a variable exists?

Sorry for the double post, but it doesn't seem to be possible to edit my last posting.

I found those dvars on the net
Code:
0x8374BE10 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_angle0
angle0 of sky intensity
0x8374BE80 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_angle1
angle1 of sky intensity
0x8374BEF0 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_factor0
angle0 of sky intensity
0x8374BF60 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_sky_intensity_factor1
angle1 of sky intensity
0x8374BD30 - Type: BOOL - r_sky_intensity_showDebugDisplay
Enables sky intensity debugging display
0x8374BDA0 - Type: BOOL - r_sky_intensity_useDebugValues
use dvar values for sky intensity
0x8374B240 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_skyColorTemp
Sky box color temp.
0x8374B0F0 - Type: FLOAT1 - r_skyTransition
Sky transition blend factor.
The red one seems to be useful.How do I use these? Just enter them into the console? But then, which number do I enter after the command?
Possibly a hexdecimal color value such as:
FF0000 (RED)
00FF00 (GREEN)
0000FF (BLUE)
or some other combination im far too lazy to list
Quote Originally Posted by Placeb0 View Post
The red one seems to be useful.How do I use these? Just enter them into the console? But then, which number do I enter after the command?
that is an offset you need to make struct by it to make it work
I tested the skycolor command and got it working by pasting it into the config_mp.cfg. However, you can just enter saturation values between 1650 (orange) and 22000 (nearly white), so you can't really choose a color.

Better than nothing, but far from perfect.
maybe late.
you want someting like this.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?