WinkHelpneed help with retarded syntax errors

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
need help with retarded syntax errors
hey guys so i'm done with ultimate killstreaks v2 but there is always something that i hate bout making mods and those are syntax errors so if anyone has the time to check the code out and tell me what i did wrong i would appreciate it


links:
_killstreaks.gsc - Pastebin.com
**********************
_superweapons.gsc - Pastebin.com

so anyone have any idea whats wrong?
I can't find anything...

But i noticed that you make spaces wierd places
Like:
Code:
walkingac130()
{
self giveWeapon( "ac130_25mm_mp");
self giveWeapon( "ac130_40mm_mp");
self giveWeapon( "ac130_105mm_mp");
wait 0.5;
self switchToWeapon("ac130_25mm_mp");
self.maxhealth=1000;
self.health = self.maxhealth;
self.moveSpeedScaler=1.2;
wait 0.5;
self iPrintlnBold( "^720 KILLSTREAK WALKING AC130");
wait 30;
self takeWeapon("ac130_25mm_mp");
self takeWeapon("ac130_40mm_mp");
self takeWeapon("ac130_105mm_mp");
self.maxhealth=100;
self.health = self.maxhealth;
self.moveSpeedScaler=1;
self iPrintlnBold( "^7KILLSTREAK ENDED");
}
Why spaces in the give weapon parentheses on siede side of the weapon and not on another?
Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
I can't find anything...

But i noticed that you make spaces wierd places
Like:
Code:
walkingac130()
{
self giveWeapon( "ac130_25mm_mp");
self giveWeapon( "ac130_40mm_mp");
self giveWeapon( "ac130_105mm_mp");
wait 0.5;
self switchToWeapon("ac130_25mm_mp");
self.maxhealth=1000;
self.health = self.maxhealth;
self.moveSpeedScaler=1.2;
wait 0.5;
self iPrintlnBold( "^720 KILLSTREAK WALKING AC130");
wait 30;
self takeWeapon("ac130_25mm_mp");
self takeWeapon("ac130_40mm_mp");
self takeWeapon("ac130_105mm_mp");
self.maxhealth=100;
self.health = self.maxhealth;
self.moveSpeedScaler=1;
self iPrintlnBold( "^7KILLSTREAK ENDED");
}
Why spaces in the give weapon parentheses on siede side of the weapon and not on another?
yeah my mistake but i fixed that still wont work
Syntax errors are evil They are so hard to fix
Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
Syntax errors are evil They are so hard to fix
making mods is fun fixing em is shit
Spaces don't matter, they don't make a difference.
Quote Originally Posted by .:MUS1CFR34K:. View Post
hey guys so i'm done with ultimate killstreaks v2 but there is always something that i hate bout making mods and those are syntax errors so if anyone has the time to check the code out and tell me what i did wrong i would appreciate it


links:
_killstreaks.gsc - Pastebin.com
**********************
_superweapons.gsc - Pastebin.com

so anyone have any idea whats wrong?

Well, I think this is wrong: ( Killstreaks, Last Lines )
self iPrintlnBold("^7CONGRATULATIONS YOU MADE IT (*_*)");

Well, that's what I see that haven't been answer or already known.
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
Well, I think this is wrong: ( Killstreaks, Last Lines )



Well, that's what I see that haven't been answer or already known.
1st of all welcome back dude
2nd i wanted to make a text smiley to show ingame when you finish the last killstreak so you say game finds it as an error?
Quote Originally Posted by .:MUS1CFR34K:. View Post
1st of all welcome back dude
2nd i wanted to make a text smiley to show ingame when you finish the last killstreak so you say game finds it as an error?
I guess so.
Cuse we use the ( ) tu put thinks in it.

Like if ( name = blabla ) { blavla }

or

if(self getcurrentweapon(ak47_mp)){ bla bla }
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
I guess so.
Cuse we use the ( ) tu put thinks in it.

Like if ( name = blabla ) { blavla }

or

if(self getcurrentweapon(ak47_mp)){ bla bla }
tried it but it failed (=_=)
i'll send you a pm of what i changed since i made this thread
Where you get his from?

self thread maps\mp\gametypes\_superweapons::superweapon1();
in your _killstreak.gsc

Isnt this also wrong?

self setDvar( "player_meleeRange", 999 );
The self setDvars(.....);
Well, don't think there is no self setDvars.....
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
Where you get his from?



in your _killstreak.gsc

Isnt this also wrong?



The self setDvars(.....);
Well, don't think there is no self setDvars.....
ok first one i made _superweapons.gsc and put superweapon1 thread in there so i think its correct

for the second i tried changing to self setClientDvar(blablblabla);
but still wont work
What I am mostly doing when making mods, is just add a bit of code, start the mod, if it crashes I know what part is wrong (the last added one), if it works, I can continue.

And ofcourse make back-ups often, so when U really can't find it, U can swich back to ur last worked version.

I hardy have this problems, coz I am stuck or someting.
Quote Originally Posted by masterfun View Post
What I am mostly doing when making mods, is just add a bit of code, start the mod, if it crashes I know what part is wrong (the last added one), if it works, I can continue.

And ofcourse make back-ups often, so when U really can't find it, U can swich back to ur last worked version.

I hardy have this problems, coz I am stuck or someting.
Well, I have told him and many others that.
But I guess they just don't want to listen.
Since they just want others to solve it for them
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post
Well, I have told him and many others that.
But I guess they just don't want to listen.
Since they just want others to solve it for them
yep I admit it i'm 2 lazy to fix it on my own but I did try spent 4 hours trying to fix the shit now I'm like whatever if someone fixes it i finish it and release it if not thats ok then 2
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?