Visual Basic 08 Tutorial . Lesson 1.

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
Visual Basic 08 Tutorial . Lesson 1.
Visual Basic 2008 Tutorial Lesson 1



To start your new project,you need to click file and select a new project.A windows will pop up and it will look something like this:


The windows asks you to choose from five types of projects.We will work on WindowsFormsApplication.At the bottom of the window,you can rename your project to anything your heart desires.I will change mine to:"Lesson 1"

After creating your new project,another window will come up.Here you got an empty form,a toolbox,properties and other useful/not useful stuff.


So we will now work on our first project.We will keep this easy.With this code,we will generate something.Like I want to pick a random number from 1-2.In this case I will use "Lesson 1" and "Tutorial".
First make a button and a textbox.Resize them how you like etc.Then click on button1 and add this code:
Code:
Dim Key As Interger
Key = (rnd()*2)
Select Case Key
Case 1
textbox1.text = " Lesson 1"
Case 2
textbox1.text = "Tutorial"
End Select
End Sub


Now Debug your first application and it will show something like this:


Thanks for reading.I will release my second one tomorrow or maybe later today.It took me half an hour to write this and take the screen shots,so don't hate and give me a Thanks.It only takes you 2 seconds.
dont get the point of this ..
Quote Originally Posted by pushdis15 View Post
dont get the point of this ..
With this I will show some basic functions of VB.
Quote Originally Posted by Takari1 View Post
With this I will show some basic functions of VB.
oh ight wat ever
You explained like nothing, sick of people thinking posting code == a tutorial.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You explained like nothing, sick of people thinking posting code == a tutorial.
lol i was thinking the same but didnt want to be mean lol cheers for stating the point
Gotta love tuts where you don't even explain what a variable is... <3

you probably don't know it either.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You explained like nothing, sick of people thinking posting code == a tutorial.
I'm not posting the code,I'm showing how to make your first project.(Form)I know it's simple but ...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Gotta love tuts where you don't even explain what a variable is... <3

you probably don't know it either.
I would be stupid if I didn't know what a variable is.
Quote Originally Posted by Takari1 View Post
I'm not posting the code,I'm showing how to make your first project.(Form)I know it's simple but ...



I would be stupid if I didn't know what a variable is.
you seem tbh..

Someone who writes a tutorial without even explaining how stuff works, without explaining what a variable is and without explaining the structure of the program, is dumb to me.

Sry if i am to direct about it, but... It's true.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
you seem tbh..

Someone who writes a tutorial without even explaining how stuff works, without explaining what a variable is and without explaining the structure of the program, is dumb to me.

Sry if i am to direct about it, but... It's true.
I'm not doing a tutorial about explaining the source code.This was the first,and it's showing how to make a form,and your first program.
Quote Originally Posted by Takari1 View Post
I'm not doing a tutorial about explaining the source code.This was the first,and it's showing how to make a form,and your first program.
who the fuck wants to make a program just by copy and pasting a few lines and claim that they did something? Only leechers obviously.

Did he learn anything? Not rly...
Can he make anything alone? Not rly...
Is he a programmer? Not rly...
He is a leecher

If you actually want to teach something, start by doing console projects. Explaining what a variable is, the structure of a program, data types, loops, etc.
If they know that, they won't need you to tell them how to create a textbox and a button... ._.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
who the fuck wants to make a program just by copy and pasting a few lines and claim that they did something? Only leechers obviously.

Did he learn anything? Not rly...
Can he make anything alone? Not rly...
Is he a programmer? Not rly...
He is a leecher

If you actually want to teach something, start by doing console projects. Explaining what a variable is, the structure of a program, data types, loops, etc.
If they know that, they won't need you to tell them how to create a textbox and a button... ._.
Please don't fucking hate.This was my first.And yes he did learn something.He did learn how to make a fucking New Project and Form.
Quote Originally Posted by Takari1 View Post
Please don't fucking hate.This was my first.And yes he did learn something.He did learn how to make a fucking New Project and Form.
point of it?
This is a sad thread.
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us