Stream Text From Website to Form [solved]

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Stream Text From Website to Form [solved]
I was wondering how I was suppose to do this.
In a auto updater you would upload a versions text and the form checks if the program is out dated. I was wondering if there is a way to upload a text file online and whoever opens the form will be able to see the text on that file.

Another method that I perfer would be writing text on the website and it just appears on the form textbox.

Thanks
[highlight=vb.net]
Using wClient As New Net.WebClient
Dim downloadedString As String = wClient.DownloadString("yourtxtfilehere")
'//do something with the string here.
End Using
[/highlight]
How would I connect the web to a certain web page?
What do you mean? If you want a text of the website to show on to a textbox, here's the code:

Code:
Dim client As WebClient = New WebClient()
    Dim download As String = client.DownloadString("http://www.google.com")
TextBox1.Text = download
Uhmm thanks. I got my question answered This thread may be closed now.
Marked solved.
Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
Forgot to dispose the WebClient.
The GC exists for a reason. :P
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?