SolvedBlack screen after installing ModLoader.

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Black screen after installing ModLoader.
I probably sound like an idiot, and I'm sorry if I do, but I figured I'd at least try and see if anyone knows what I'm screwing up.

I'm trying to download ModLoader and then the XRay Mod. Every time I do these things, I get a black screen. Here are the specs of my laptop.ⓘ

I have Java updated. I use Google Chrome. I have 7Zip. I swear I've followed every single direction.

Here are the steps I take, exactly:
1. Download the ModLoader file.
2. Open ModLoader in 7Zip.
3. Open minecraft.jar file
4. Copy ModLoader .class files into Minecraft.jar
5. Delete the META-INF folder.
6. Open up minecraft (I play in browser).
7. BLACK SCREEN.

Can anyone tell me why I'm still black screening?
try a fresh minecraft.jar
and
dont play in a browser
Mods dont work in browser. You have to use the downloaded client in order to use mods.
I am unable to download the Minecraft.exe... it gives me the following error:

Bad video card drivers!
-----------------------

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.



--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 6/11/11 1:50 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.6.6
OS: Windows XP (x86) version 5.1
Java: 1.6.0_26, Sun Microsystems Inc.
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
LWJGL: 2.4.2
[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelForma t(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat (WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(Windo wsDisplay.java:185)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java :311)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:287)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:683)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 35fac239 ----------

I have updated my video card drivers several times, I actually just did so. -_-

Oh, nevermind! I found a way to fix my "video card" problem. was the fix! I got the client and doing ModLoader and XRay was a snap. Thanks for the tip that mods don't work in-browser, no one ever explicitly said that.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsmellsfun View Post
I got the client and doing ModLoader and XRay was a snap. Thanks for the tip that mods don't work in-browser, no one ever explicitly said that.

You know, for something so important, I do wonder why it isnt stressed anymore than it is.
Xray mod I have to download that mod
im having the same problem, however i do not play in a browser. all the steps taken in installing the programs done by him are the exact same as i have done, any suggestions?
Quote Originally Posted by johnydeath View Post
im having the same problem, however i do not play in a browser. all the steps taken in installing the programs done by him are the exact same as i have done, any suggestions?
@johnydeath

The one I released contains xray and modloader in the same download
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us