SolvedNeed help with hosting a lobby

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Need help with hosting a lobby
I can host an private match just fine, its public matchs that i just cant do and im positive im the host for the public match.
Can someone help me on this? And its Rape 3 by House that i have.
If you have a slow computer or internet connection you might have some problems with hosting matches with serveral players in. My connection kinda sucks, so I can host private matches with around 2-4 players without problems. But not public matches (or I did once, but everything lagged as hell, and then i got kicked after 1 minute).
But i know i have host because i get mad and leave the game because its not working and right when i hit leave game it has host migration and it finds a new host and then i can leave and i type in the console xblive_privatematch 1; xpartygo; xblive_privatematch 0; fast_restart, but i have also tried party_connecttimeout 1 neither work.
My experiences with those commands is that they only work when you have an OK internet connection. If not, it will just be looking for people without finding anyone.

Go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and paste your results here.
You don't have a slow connection.

Maybe it's your router settings. What is your NAT type? If it's strict, that's the problem. Then you need to portforward. If it's open, I have no idea what's wrong.
You don't need to manually port forward for CoD... Maybe you need with some routers but i don't think so
Quote Originally Posted by Nachos View Post
You don't need to manually port forward for CoD... Maybe you need with some routers but i don't think so
If NAT is strict (as it is for alot of players), then you need to portforward. If it's open, you don't. The majority of routers need manual portforwarding for being able to host games, and in most cases you only need to do it once.
If you owne a router then you port forward.
Quote Originally Posted by user590177 View Post
If you owne a router then you port forward.
I can just say that I don't manually port forward. It is correct that i do port forward when i host a lobby, else you wouldn't be hosting, but not manually.
NAT Strict is pretty much caused when a random bad ass doesn't have the UPnP enabled. (Or not Auto-Configured)
With some routers UnPnP is disabled as standard setting.
I can find the password. Well can't remember now, but I've learned somewhere. Anyways...The password originally is admin. The username is always admin.
Plus. If you go to: http://www.infinityward.com/nat.php you can find why your nat is strict.
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?