MW3 Help?

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
MW3 Help?
Their have been quite a lot of leaks and such all over the internet. Some of them say that MW3 will have dedicates servers. My question is, what's a dedicated server? I did search it up on google, but I am not a computer or internet nerd, so I could not understand it. Any of you mind putting it in English 4 me? Thx.


PS. I hit a 100 posts =))
Collects data from players and distributes it to other players. More efficient and effective than a peer-to-peer arrangement, but it requires a separate computer to host the server application. The additional computer is a server.

Basically no more host migration.
@Hughesy
What kind of connection do we get? 5 bars 4 bars 3..?
Quote Originally Posted by roflman01 View Post
@Hughesy
What kind of connection do we get? 5 bars 4 bars 3..?
There will be server for each region most likely. So at least 3 - 4 depending on its location to you.
Quote Originally Posted by roflman01 View Post
Their have been quite a lot of leaks and such all over the internet. Some of them say that MW3 will have dedicates servers. My question is, what's a dedicated server? I did search it up on google, but I am not a computer or internet nerd, so I could not understand it. Any of you mind putting it in English 4 me? Thx.


PS. I hit a 100 posts =))
Instead of making you the host, the server is the host. It's primarily for PC Players, but console players benefit from it as well. It ensures that your games have a stable connection, and removes the need for host migration. Black Ops did it through gameservers.com
That means that you won't be host anymore, the servers are your host.
Just like Steam
a dedicated server is just a big server/computers that will order all files so fast as possible

by ps3 etc they use your ps3 for connection so you are the host
but with dedicated server 1 pc will be the host and almost no lag

i hope you get it now
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us