New Server Made

Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1
New Server Made
I have made a server, made it Non-Hamachi, I think... No one at the moment can't come and test if it's possible to connect without hamachi so I'm asking here. Please try to connect to 5.238.50.167 or 192.168.0.101 and tell me if they work without hamachi, if not then just tell me they don't. Thank you.
Both of them do not appear to be working for me. Guess you didn't portforward it properly.
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
Both of them do not appear to be working for me. Guess you didn't portforward it properly.
I did port forward, maybe I'm doing it wrong, could you please tell me what IP i need to write in the server properties file and which port do i forward. I know how to forward ports, it works for other games but not Minecraft. The server is cracked, if that has any effect.
You do not write anything in the server properties file and you leave the port as it is. Whether the server is cracked or not has no direct influence.

Edit: 25565 is minecraft's default port, so if you didn't set that as the port to forward then it probably wouldn't work.
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
You do not write anything in the server properties file and you leave the port as it is. Whether the server is cracked or not has no direct influence.

Edit: 25565 is minecraft's default port, so if you didn't set that as the port to forward then it probably wouldn't work.
Could you try to connect now, I think I fixed it, 192.168.0.101
This is your localhost IP, we need your external IP address to connect or a hamachi IP address.
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
This is your localhost IP, we need your external IP address to connect or a hamachi IP address.
Uuuuummm, that's the part I don't understand, how do I get the other IP? I can give you the hamachi IP, but the server will stay non-hamachi?
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
This is your localhost IP, we need your external IP address to connect or a hamachi IP address.
Correct ..
Well if you go to the portforward website and download a program, it'll show different IPs of yours. The one we would want would be the external IP. Well, I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but that's how I would do it.

The hamachi IP won't work as long as we aren't in the same hamachi group with the host. Meaning that the server won't be non-hamachi.
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
Well if you go to the portforward website and download a program, it'll show different IPs of yours. The one we would want would be the external IP. Well, I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but that's how I would do it.

The hamachi IP won't work as long as we aren't in the same hamachi group with the host. Meaning that the server won't be non-hamachi.
OMFG, so unlucky today, I downloaded PFPortChecker, and it won't install, keep shutting down when I try to install, any other program like that???
Try again a few more times, or reinstall.

Edit: You could go to whatismyip. That should show your external IP address.
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
Try again a few more times, or reinstall.

Edit: You could go to whatismyip. That should show your external IP address.
Downloaded older version of PFPortChecker, works. Here is the external IP 82.35.29.91. So people should connect to that?
Yes, I'm logged in right now under the name of Infection.

Edit: Though the connection keeps on resetting every few minutes.

Edit2: I seem to be lagging quite badly as well, are you hosting the server on the same computer/laptop you are playing it on?
Quote Originally Posted by Shourisha View Post
Yes, I'm logged in right now under the name of Infection.

Edit: Though the connection keeps on resetting every few minutes.

Edit2: I seem to be lagging quite badly as well, are you hosting the server on the same computer/laptop you are playing it on?
Yes I'm hosting and playing on the same one. If I host it on a shitty old laptop and play on the PC would that help? And I think you lag because you are too far from me, I have hosted Hamachi server before and even had 12 people on at the same time with 0 lag.
I don't think that the difference in our locations impacts lag to that extent. But yes, hosting and playing on the same computer is usually not such a great idea as it creates lag/uses up more ram etc... So it's usually recommended to host it on one computer/laptop [Though its usually better for it to be hosted on a computer if you plan to have quite a lot of people] and play it on another computer/laptop.
Posts 1–15 of 15 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us