Basic Homework helper

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Basic Homework helper
So, my friend asked me to come up with a program that does basic math problems. (Multiple, Divide, Add,Subtract)
I can make a single one work, but I don't want to make four projects.
I wanted to put it into one project.
So, I was messing around, and this is what I got so far, it shows both answers, and I only want it to show the answer I asked for.
Code:
/*Homework finisher
*/
#include <cstdio>

#include <cstdlib>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(int nNumberofArgs, char* pszArgs[])
{
int x;
    cout << "Enter the first number of your problem:";
    cin >> x;



    int y;
    cout << "Enter the second number of your problem:";
    cin >> y;

int divider;
cout << "1 for Divide, 2 for multiply, 3 for addition, 4 for subtraction";
cin >> divider;
if (1);
int result1;
result1 = x / y;

if (2);
int result2;
result2 = x * y;

if (1)
cout << "Answer is:";
cout << result1 <<endl;

if (2)
cout << "Answer is:";
cout << result2 <<endl;

system("PAUSE");
    return 0;
}
Code:
cin >> divider;
if (divider == 1)
{
    int result1;
    result1 = x / y;
    cout << "Answer is:";
    cout << result1 <<endl;
}
else if (divider == 2)
{
    int result2;
    result2 = x * y;
    cout << "Answer is:";
    cout << result2 <<endl;
}
Might want to dive back into your C++ book(s) cause this is really basic stuff ._.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us