D3d hooking

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
D3d hooking
So im trying to make a d3d hack, and i had a few questions.
1. In a debugger, where do i look for the address of the device and stuff?
2. Anyone have good tutorials on this stuff?
3. Is this the correct order of operation?
Code:
Hook DIP/endscene
Render my stuff in endscene using device pointer
You can either use a pattern to find it or you can use olly to find it.

You need to understand how virtual functions are stored to find the device.

Set a breakpoint on Direct3DCreate9, the return is an instance to a class which contains the function CreateDevice, the last parameter is IDirect3DDevice9, that's what you're looking for. (:

There's a correct order of operations for everything.
Yes, but where do I look for Direct3DCreate9? I plan to use ollydbg or if need be IDA.
All I know about virtual functions is that they are overridden by each class's implementation of them.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us