Pointer Plus Dereferencer? [Solved]
Ok, this is from kibbles aimbot tutorial and i have been building on it. I made an assault cube teleporter, but the only part i don't get is why when i make the class for the player i must do this to access the variables:
I can understand the player *me part. It's just saying that me is going to be a pointer to the player class. I also understand that *().... is making a void pointer to something. What i don't understand is (player**)addie. I know it's dereferencing it, but why? I don't understand why it is needed to make a void pointer to the struct then dereference it. If anyone can explain this i would really appreciate it. THanks.
Code:
// player is the class player *me = *(player**)addie of player struct;
I can understand the player *me part. It's just saying that me is going to be a pointer to the player class. I also understand that *().... is making a void pointer to something. What i don't understand is (player**)addie. I know it's dereferencing it, but why? I don't understand why it is needed to make a void pointer to the struct then dereference it. If anyone can explain this i would really appreciate it. THanks.

. Congrats and thanks again Hassan and Jason.
Started learning C this semester at Uni so I can actually help out with some C/C++ questions now.