worth getting into?
I watched it. Lost interest around episode 50.
Then lost my place. So I didn't bother continuing.
Should I or should I not find the ep I was on and continue?
I'm still watching it. On Episode 102 so far. I like it a lot.
It really depends, if you lost interest, I'm doubting you can stick it through.
I prefer reading it to watching it. Although the anime was good, i skipped a few arcs like the sky arc, and the filler arcs. (although the fillers definitely top bleach and naruto by miles).
The characters are all really interesting and fun to watch. Its extremely goofy at times, but still serious enough that they get the job done. Every character has a flaw that makes them silly, except nico robin.
The crew expands every couple of arcs, bringing along another interesting companion. The story as is is just really about adventure and not focusing too much on plot twist. They start out relatively small, but then go up ten-fold with each passing victory. Its pretty amazing to see the progress of each character, especially with the new arc.
I'd reccommend it to any shonen fan. It tops naruto and bleach in sales and fans, and can easily be noted as one of the great anime of this era.
------------------------
It starts out slow, and the anime is quite long.
I'd reccommend reading it and watching the anime for whatever you thought would be interesting in the manga to see. Watch SUBS though, the dubs cut off relatively early and censor really pointless stuff like cigars and shit.
As it stands one piece is deffinitely one of my top 10. No other shonen has topped it so far.
I almost never watch dubs.
I guess I'll keep going.
Hopefully it'll get better.
Originally Posted by Jacket
I almost never watch dubs.
I guess I'll keep going.
Hopefully it'll get better.
Its honestly quite a fast read for manga.
I reccommend reading then watching fights or arcs you like.
It will get better it then will become terribly borring for 30 episodes get better for 5 get worse 30 Yeah its routine.
Read through the story, the anime is way too long (515 since yesterday)
and thanks to filler its not even close to the manga (yeah yeah thats why fillers are there, i no dat )
then for a better effect watch the anime fight scenes instead of watching whole episodes...
you will be done with it in about 7 hours with a speedy read through....
its interesting because of the very funny scenes (mainly involving luffy being an idiot) and character evolution is a blast to watch, a whole damn arc was skipped, which will probably pick up in the anime, spoiler : Luffy trains with Silvers Reighleigh and he teaches him Hado
and that was great because unlike narutard they dont need 50 chapters to learn a skill they use only once....
Same thing happened to me, lost interest around 50.
Some of the characters are just plain annoying, episodes seem pointless, and overall, I can't get into it. It isn't serious enough for me.
I think you should continue watching it. I used to watch it a long time ago and stopped and I kinda regret it... I'll finish it soon though.
Great manga, not too sure about the anime though... I usually just search up the fight scenes. Lol
i don't find the serie that much interested, the quality is quite good but i'm really not into the character design and from what i have seen not my piece of cake. All the people i know thus far watching anime like 50 arround 80% recommend it to be seen. others are either not interested or undecisive.