Glock 22 model

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Glock 22 model
Took me about 4 hours to model this. unwrapped it in 1 hour, and should probably get working on a texture.







Nice and clean, dont like the silencer's edge, u know that part that connects it to the firehole in the gun.
yeah its game ready and i did not want to take another hour doing Boolean operations to get spherical indents on it and then be forced to bake a normal map, i will just paint a nice normal map for the final for the grip and scratches and whatnot but im happy with it.
Its good nevertheless.
Would be map playing that in CSS or AVA
Very nice model I must say.
Looks a bit sterile, but a few textures should fix that up.
I agree with gamer though- the silencer could use some work. It's a little too flat, like you just created a cylinder and left it at that. You could always throw some floating geometry on it if you don't want to bother with Boolean. Of course some maps should help, but just keep it in mind.
Thanks for the crits guys. Working on it now. BTW this is for an indie partner game using UDK.
Glock 22 looks awesome
are you using Autodesk £Ds Max 2011 I guess..
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"][B]Oh look pal, just one thing. Is it very much of a bother for u to pos here on MPGH or PM a tutorial to use boolean?
Cuz a friend of mines (i rarely see him actually) used that once and I wanna learn too. but I dont know hwo to start...
@chubkakes
I use 3ds max 2012 student version. I could do a tutorial on it, but i am sure there are many ones better than i could do, i do not use blender, and i know that is common as well, i got used to blender for about a month or two and its very powerful, but i prefer max. If you want a tutorial on it i would not mind.

[edit]
Just to be sure , i did not use boolean on this model at all. I just deleted faces then bridged edges and reconstructed from there. Boolean can be a bit sloppy sometimes, so i decided to do the slide by hand.
Yeah sure I do dat myself, but just wondered how to use the Boolean fuction in C4D... Tahts all...
Love the soft look, cant wait to see the finished version....
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?