QuestionCrossfire Launcher

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Crossfire Launcher
Hello MPGH,
I want to make an Crossfire Launcher for my Injector.
But the Launcher does not work very well.
I always get an error.
I have Windows 7 64-Bit


I use this code :

Code:
Process.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\CF_G4box.exe")
But nothing happens

Or I use this code :

Code:
Process.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\patcher_cf.exe")
But then comes an Error "Failed to load url of Version.ini."



Can anyone say me what I do wrong.
Use just the app. name,you don't need the path,just tell the users to put the launcher in game folder.
Quote Originally Posted by QryS View Post
Use just the app. name,you don't need the path,just tell the users to put the launcher in game folder.
Okay, thank you! It work
No. The best and easiest way to get the correct location is just reading the registry.

Code:
Dim Reg As RegistryKey = Registry.LocalMachine
            Dim RegKey As RegistryKey
            Dim MyValue As String
            RegKey = Reg.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\Crossfire")
            MyValue = RegKey.GetValue("{{{{What ever the name is}}}")
            RegKey.Close()
'Wont fully work
Find the name or it will just crash
I dont have crossfire so I'm not 100% sure crossfire has registries that will work for this, but most games do.
____

also I dont think it's
Code:
Process.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Z8Games\CrossFire\CF_G4box.exe")
try
Code:
Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Z8Games\CrossFire\CF_G4box.exe")
or
Code:
  System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Z8Games\CrossFire\CF_G4box.exe")
and start the .exe as ADMIN
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?