"Saving" a label? [solved]
Good Morning
Before I type anything else I should warn you, I have very restrict knowledge of vb.net or any similar languages...
So, what I am trying to do is to get several textboxes, get the user to edit them, click a button and then a few labels would have the textbox text displayed... (textbox1 would be label1, etc)this is prety simple and I can do this very easily...but what I am looking for is that the labels text remain the ones the user has inputed after the program is stopped so that when it opens, the label already has that value...
Is there anyway I can save a label between program runs?
I have thought of various ways to do this...I think that if I used a database it'd be easy, but I do not believe that's the better way to do it...I thought of using an external .txt file and then read it, but I need several labels and I can't get the program to read each line individually and then pass it to a variable because I do not know how to work with arrays in vb.net...I am mainly asking you for source code...advice is apreciated but I do not think I could do much with it.
Thank you in advance,
omanel
Before I type anything else I should warn you, I have very restrict knowledge of vb.net or any similar languages...
So, what I am trying to do is to get several textboxes, get the user to edit them, click a button and then a few labels would have the textbox text displayed... (textbox1 would be label1, etc)this is prety simple and I can do this very easily...but what I am looking for is that the labels text remain the ones the user has inputed after the program is stopped so that when it opens, the label already has that value...
Is there anyway I can save a label between program runs?
I have thought of various ways to do this...I think that if I used a database it'd be easy, but I do not believe that's the better way to do it...I thought of using an external .txt file and then read it, but I need several labels and I can't get the program to read each line individually and then pass it to a variable because I do not know how to work with arrays in vb.net...I am mainly asking you for source code...advice is apreciated but I do not think I could do much with it.
Thank you in advance,
omanel