MOTM #18 Voting Thread.

PollMOTM #18
41 votes
Posts 1–15 of 59 · Page 1 of 4
MOTM #18 Voting Thread.

EDIT: VOTING WILL CLOSE ON 12/7/11

This month's theme: Glowing Mods

@Jack's Glowing Red UI



@.REZ's Glowing Green Chams





@supercarz1991 has been disqualified for cheating.

@Nitehawk772's Neon L96A1

Jack since his looks like the most work.
textures don't deserve to win. Textures just make things look pretty, modding is meant to give you an edge, not make it pretty. Like i'd vote .REZ if i wasn't in it because rez chams give you an edge. Modding = hacking. This is how nexon looks at it, so this is how i'll look at it

thats just my opinion
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
textures don't deserve to win. Textures just make things look pretty, modding is meant to give you an edge, not make it pretty. Like i'd vote .REZ if i wasn't in it because rez chams give you an edge. Modding = hacking. This is how nexon looks at it, so this is how i'll look at it

thats just my opinion
I see where you're coming from, and I agree, somewhat, unless it was a texture only contest.
Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
textures don't deserve to win. Textures just make things look pretty, modding is meant to give you an edge, not make it pretty. Like i'd vote .REZ if i wasn't in it because rez chams give you an edge. Modding = hacking. This is how nexon looks at it, so this is how i'll look at it

thats just my opinion
Honestly, I dont think I deserve to win. I did the least work out of anyone here, plus I already have VIP for a little while longer, and Im legit so I have no use for the hacks. Jack did a lot of work, but Ive done mods like that before with tons of little files and it really doesnt take too long, and most of it is just copying and pasting. Now, that being said, I believe Supercarz did the most work out of anyone, clientFX modding is a bitch, and there is a TON of work that goes into it. Good luck to all, I think I've done a decent job at presenting my oppinion.
Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post

Honestly, I dont think I deserve to win. I did the least work out of anyone here, plus I already have VIP for a little while longer, and Im legit so I have no use for the hacks. Jack did a lot of work, but Ive done mods like that before with tons of little files and it really doesnt take too long, and most of it is just copying and pasting. Now, that being said, I believe Supercarz did the most work out of anyone, clientFX modding is a bitch, and there is a TON of work that goes into it. Good luck to all, I think I've done a decent job at presenting my oppinion.
LOL, don't take this as flame, but none of that was copy pasting? And I'm pretty sure that for the history of UI modding in combat arms, it has never been copy pasting..

I had to edit the blending in every single one of the files..
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post


LOL, don't take this as flame, but none of that was copy pasting? And I'm pretty sure that for the history of UI modding in combat arms, it has never been copy pasting..

I had to edit the blending in every single one of the files..
I dont typically see flaming, just posing ones side of an argument, most of the UI mods I have made werent hard at all, a little coloring here, a little pattern there, sure its a lot of work, but since you're making such small pieces, there isnt too much that goes into each one
Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post

I dont typically see flaming, just posing ones side of an argument, most of the UI mods I have made werent hard at all, a little coloring here, a little pattern there, sure its a lot of work, but since you're making such small pieces, there isnt too much that goes into each one
Yeah, it isn't that it takes a lot of work for each one. It is that there are so many individual pieces. It's like mapping. If you were to map a gun texture, you can either map gun all at once, or do each individual piece of the gun. Either way works, and each is the same total amount of work.
Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post


Yeah, it isn't that it takes a lot of work for each one. It is that there are so many individual pieces. It's like mapping. If you were to map a gun texture, you can either map gun all at once, or do each individual piece of the gun. Either way works, and each is the same total amount of work.
Valid point, overall its not hard, its just time consuming
Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post

I dont typically see flaming, just posing ones side of an argument, most of the UI mods I have made werent hard at all, a little coloring here, a little pattern there, sure its a lot of work, but since you're making such small pieces, there isnt too much that goes into each one
Unless you try to render new UI shapes all by yourself, which is ample reason to cause a ragequit.

Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post


Unless you try to render new UI shapes all by yourself, which is ample reason to cause a ragequit.

RageQuit worthy indeed
Quote Originally Posted by aeronyx View Post


Unless you try to render new UI shapes all by yourself, which is ample reason to cause a ragequit.

You don't say?
/vote for SC1991. rez chams + awesome mario kart inclusion = MOTY
Quote Originally Posted by apeshiit13 View Post
/vote for SC1991. rez chams + awesome mario kart inclusion = MOTY
He didn't enter REZ chams. They were just on when he got the screenie. But yeah, it is an awesome mod.
Om nom nom.
Jacks mod.
Posts 1–15 of 59 · Page 1 of 4
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us