PSU?

Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1
PSU?


I had a quick go at building a pc for my friend but I don't know which PSU to
How do you know how much you need?
I was trying to keep it under $100 AUD so the first PSU would be the best Would it be better to downgrade to 6GB RAM and get the 750 PSU?

Antec Neo Eco 620C 620W Power Supply [NEO-ECO-620C] - $89.00 : PC Case GearAntec High Current Gamer 900W Power Supply HCG-900 [HCG-900] - $157.00 : PC Case GearAntec TruePower 750W Blue [TP-750-BLUE] - $145.00 : PC Case Gear

another build I did in AUD
http://screensnapr.com/v/Bs8izo.png
Check the specific power consumptions for each component. The CPU / GPU need the most, everything else is relatively small (though not neglibible).
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Check the specific power consumptions for each component. The CPU / GPU need the most, everything else is relatively small (though not neglibible).
Awesome so pretty much what the GPU says +50?


wait Dx How much would this need?
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=18659
Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Awesome so pretty much what the GPU says +50?


wait Dx How much would this need?
AMD FX-6100 6-Core Processor [FD6100WMGUSBX] - $199.00 : PC Case Gear
I would say to expect at least something like 150W peaks for both the gpu & cpu, everything else should be withing another 100W range. Though irrelevant right now, sometimes you must take care the check whether the PSU can supply specific components with enough power (it might split the power in a manner that can't power your components). You won't have to worry about that until you get like 3 cards though, so as long as you get something 600W-ish or more you should be okay. Plenty of space to OC and stuff.
Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Awesome so pretty much what the GPU says +50?


wait Dx How much would this need?
AMD FX-6100 6-Core Processor [FD6100WMGUSBX] - $199.00 : PC Case Gearⓘ
Pretty sure PC Case Gear is AU only.
I bought some of my stuff from there.
Pretty wide range of stuff they got there.
I dunno what cooling you're getting but I'm not sure if liquid cooling uses a lot of power.
I dunno how much a radiator uses.
Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

Pretty sure PC Case Gear is AU only.
I bought some of my stuff from there.
Pretty wide range of stuff they got there.
I dunno what cooling you're getting but I'm not sure if liquid cooling uses a lot of power.
I dunno how much a radiator uses.
Yeh, a couple of my aussie friends were looking for a pc
Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

Pretty sure PC Case Gear is AU only.
I bought some of my stuff from there.
Pretty wide range of stuff they got there.
I dunno what cooling you're getting but I'm not sure if liquid cooling uses a lot of power.
I dunno how much a radiator uses.
The rad itself is nothing more than a metal thing with lots of ribs. If anything uses power it's the pump and any fans attached to the rad
How many fans would be needed?
Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
How many fans would be needed?
PSUs usually have their own cooling which suffices, most have a single med/low end 120mm fan. If you're talking about the whole PC .. dunno. Depending on what CPU heatsink you're getting (if any, as stock should be "okay") 1-2 for the CPU, depeding on what cooling you're getting for the gfx card (if any, as stock should be "okay", much like the cpu) 1-3, I would probs add 3-5 on the case, depending which one you're getting. I never really fancied NZXT, dunno anything about their air flow or fan positioning.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
PSUs usually have their own cooling which suffices, most have a single med/low end 120mm fan. If you're talking about the whole PC .. dunno. Depending on what CPU heatsink you're getting (if any, as stock should be "okay") 1-2 for the CPU, depeding on what cooling you're getting for the gfx card (if any, as stock should be "okay", much like the cpu) 1-3, I would probs add 3-5 on the case, depending which one you're getting. I never really fancied NZXT, dunno anything about their air flow or fan positioning.
The Guardian 921RB (Reborn) has a modern, stylish design with a spacious all-black interior that's easy to work on. The unit comes standard with 3 low noise 120mm fans optimally placed for excellent cooling, and temperatures are constantly monitored via the three temperature probes that output to the integrated LCD temp display. E-SATA, HD Audio, Mic and USB2.0 ports are conveniently located at the front of the case. Power supply not included.

Included Cooling Fans:
Front, 1 x 120mm blue LED fan
Rear, 1 x 120mm fan
Side, 1 x 120mm blue LED fan


So it should be sweet without any cooling gear then

Thanks
Posts 1–10 of 10 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?