New C++ Programmer

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
New C++ Programmer
Ok so I am starting out with C++ I taught myself HTML and CSS from nothing to making websites within 2 months. Now I am taking on C++ main goal is to eventually make game hacks but also what ever creative programs I come alone the way.

Couple of Questions :

I am reading thorugh C++ for Dummies and picking it up fast.

Question 1 ) Will all C++ be console based or will you be able to creating an application that opens and you click boxes to do stuff?

Question 2 ) Is C++ the best laungauge to learn for creating game hacks

Question 3 ) I with a buisness partner have created an online software portal which uses Ajax PHP and Java, All this software runs online with MYSQL databases, However instead of people opening a browser and typing in the address where the software is hosted at the moment can I create a program in C++ which is basically a web broswer within a program but it hides the web address but they need to login to the program first and I want the program to connect to a licening server to see if its valid to run. Is this possible how diffcult will it be.

Another thing sorry for my spelling mistakes I'm a fast learner and excellent at maths however english Im crap at ( Bad english Im great at )

Can I elborate on question 1 :: What i mean't was a GUI interface with C++ coding instead of Console
What you are trying to achieve other than creating game hacks can easily be done in .NET languages. That includes, Visual C++ / CLI, Visual C#, Visual Basic.NET and a few others.

Q1: Yes, you can create graphical interface applications in C++ but that requires lots of coding. If you use Visual C++ / CLI, it would be a lot easier.
Q2: Yes, it is but it is difficult too. There are many scripting languages that ease this process, but are costly.
Q3: Again, yes it is perfectly possible. But it takes lot of code to do this in native C++, so I suggest you move to Visual C# or Visual Basic.NET for this kind of stuff. Stick to native C++ only for game hacks.
visual c++
So is this a totaly diffrent programing lauguage then? If so whats the best book to read and should I still use codeblocks or use microsoft vidual stuido 2010?
For question 1 and 3 i would a c++ framework named Qt, it has a form builder just like Visual C#, Visual Basic and C++ CLI. You can just drag a browser on your form gui and you are ready to use it. Qt is cross platform to if you are interested in that.
Yes GUI is possible, i recommend you use microsoft visual c++, although I use code::blocks because vc++ won't install for me.

I would say that code::blocks is the 2nd best IDE, i am satisfied with it, it is fast, easy to use etc, but vc++ has better GUI designing tools and better debugging. I started by learning Visual Basic, then learned a bit of PHP, then c++, and I have to say, C++ IS THE BEST LANGUAGE!!!! It is good all round, reasonably easy, fast, powerful.

C++ is the way forward. Good luck with learning c++. BTW, don't try to take shortcuts with learning. Get a book or e-book(here is a link to pdf tutorial: http://www.cplusplus.com/files/tutorial.pdfⓘ) and read it properly, do tutorials, and a good way to learn is getting source code and playing around with it :P.

Please click thanks if I helped.
Just FYI.

Coding is tough, but it is worth it. It takes up a lot of time. I used to be the coder for MPGH's Combat Arms section.. and coding has done a lot for me.
just don't give up and strive for your goal.
C++ for writing game hacks, C# with Visual Studio for the GUI. Visual Studio makes it insanely easy to design the interface, you just drag and drop the things you want. Learn C++, it'll be easier to pick up C# afterward than if you learn something like Basic first. All languages are good to learn though. It might actually help you to learn one language if you look at the same function written in several different languages so you can get the concept down?
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us