CoolMaking Hacks

Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1
Making Hacks
Hey Guys.

For awhile now I've wondered how hacks are made. I know, You use a release of the code, and then you create your own code with the released code, and then you can inject it as a DLL. (I think I'm on the right track). But how is all of the put into motion? As an iOS app developer I can code in multiple languages. C#, JS and some C++. But I've never coded anything as a stand-alone project. Always have used it in-junction with engines and frameworks. So I guess my question is, How is it done?

Before the real hackers learned all of the ins and outs of the "hacking world", Where did they start and begin to learn from?

If I knew this I would gladly whip together some code for the public.

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions!
Thanks.
Moved to C++/Programming
I suggest learning at least the basics of assembly, and you'll need to learn about how memory works. You'll need to understand memory very well. It's not too complicated; Basic hacks just modify the memory in another running program, such as a game. Learn how to make your own stand-alone programs. C++ programs typically don't depend on much to run, just the standard template library that comes with the compiler. C# runs on the .NET framework, or mono, but they're still pretty much stand-alone because most windows pc's have .NET. You'll need to learn about some functions in the Windows API to make memory hacks on Windows. If you want to hack 3D games, you'll need to learn the respective graphics library that the game uses. Direct3D is what most games use, so learn about that. Like what functions draw what, and how they do it. What data structures they handle, etc. Honestly, just get a memory scanner and mess with that to learn about memory. Also, read C++ books and pay extra attention to the parts that go over the stack and heap, and pointers and memory. Learning some assembly will help you understand how it all works on an even lower level, so it might be a good idea to do that, though not entirely necessary.

Also: A good memory scanner is Cheat Engine. It comes with a tutorial program that teaches you about memory.
Posts 1–3 of 3 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us