Turtle Beach X12 Help

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
Turtle Beach X12 Help
Alright. A couple weeks ago, I ended up making the mistake of buying some Turtle Beach X12 headset. They refuse to take any kind of input even after setting them up as seen in several videos. I'm running Windows XP. After a while of messing with them with no luck, and a few days of waiting for the official technical support to get back to me (they finally did, but after giving them all the information I was able to provide them, they just asked "So what's your problem exactly?"), I ended up buying some random PS3 headset from gamestop. They weren't extremely comfortable but they worked. Now, the headband snapped off and I have no idea what the fuck happened to it. I figure it's time to try to give the turtle beaches another go. After a while of fiddling with my sound settings, I can get them to where I can hear myself talk (the sound feeds directly back to the headset), but no recording device will pick up the audio no matter what I do with the settings. Anyone know what's up?
Well unless something went terribly wrong:

Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Tab -> Microphone (right click, properties) -> Uncheck "Listen to this device"
Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
Well unless something went terribly wrong:

Control Panel -> Sound -> Recording Tab -> Microphone (right click, properties) -> Uncheck "Listen to this device"
Not really a recording tab. There's a "voice" tab, but then there's nothing called Microphone, or anything else I can right click or check the properties of. Remember; Windows XP.
What sound card do you have? If you've got a Realtek they usually have these very fancy control panels that are quite useful when you need to sort out input / output mixes...
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
What sound card do you have? If you've got a Realtek they usually have these very fancy control panels that are quite useful when you need to sort out input / output mixes...
The control panel for my particular set of drivers is quite limited.
Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
The control panel for my particular set of drivers is quite limited.
Check for updates and if possible show me what options you have on the audio I/O tab
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Check for updates and if possible show me what options you have on the audio I/O tab
Well, I got these from the Realtek site a while back but I just reinstalled them. There isn't really any option to check for updates afaik.

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?