GUID

Posts 16–25 of 25 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


I mean, unless you generate it again, it will limit the application to be used on one computer only. Not a big deal really, but not a good thing too ! I would never use HWID as a unique key.
Oh i get what you are saying. Well in my case it will be very suspicious if a user wants to switch computers very often so it's a good way for me. I will probably end up making a web form that will allow them to change their computers after a certain period of time. Then i will have them use an app that will generate the number for them and it will automatically put it in the clipboard so that all they have to do is click paste in the webform.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Oh i get what you are saying. Well in my case it will be very suspicious if a user wants to switch computers very often so it's a good way for me. I will probably end up making a web form that will allow them to change their computers after a certain period of time. Then i will have them use an app that will generate the number for them and it will automatically put it in the clipboard so that all they have to do is click paste in the webform.
Alright. Sounds good now
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


Alright. Sounds good now
Thanks Hassan. And btw you recommended I should use 000webhost and I gotta tell you, it has helped so much. It's so useful especially cuz you can have databases then write php files that will access that database.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Thanks Hassan. And btw you recommended I should use 000webhost and I gotta tell you, it has helped so much. It's so useful especially cuz you can have databases then write php files that will access that database.
No problem. I know it is good, specially if you are learning. I used it to learn PHP and mySQL and then bought my own hosting ;D
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


No problem. I know it is good, specially if you are learning. I used it to learn PHP and mySQL and then bought my own hosting ;D
Isn't the free hosting sufficient? I honestly don't even use it to make a nice website i just use it for my validation techniques since it has php and mysql.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Isn't the free hosting sufficient? I honestly don't even use it to make a nice website i just use it for my validation techniques since it has php and mysql.
It is unless you are serious about creating a complete website.
Free hosting is fine when you're not making a large scale website or anything that requires a big service load. Validation for a program that < 1000 people are going to use on a daily/weekly (opposed to hourly) basis isn't too bad. The problem is generally free hosting has unscheduled downtime and sub-standard support because you're not a paying customer. 000webhost periodically takes your whole site offline for hours at a time when it runs routine "safety tests" on your site to make sure there is no malicious crap stored on your account. So if your app is in high demand and can't perform validation because your host is down, you might find yourself losing users.
Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Free hosting is fine when you're not making a large scale website or anything that requires a big service load. Validation for a program that < 1000 people are going to use on a daily/weekly (opposed to hourly) basis isn't too bad. The problem is generally free hosting has unscheduled downtime and sub-standard support because you're not a paying customer. 000webhost periodically takes your whole site offline for hours at a time when it runs routine "safety tests" on your site to make sure there is no malicious crap stored on your account. So if your app is in high demand and can't perform validation because your host is down, you might find yourself losing users.
Oh well that's jacked up. Well i guess that's what free buys you lol.
Look into HWID, or dont even do that do a Login system so the user has to supply user and pass on every login and lock the user and pass to the hwid..
UPDATE:


HWID can be found with GetCurrentHwProfile() function in the winapi. Just for those who weren't aware.
Posts 16–25 of 25 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us