SolvedAnti-Debugging

Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2
Anti-Debugging
I have always been afraid to release my programs because i didn't want people to crack it, but recently I just thought to myself and decided that if somebody is desperate enough and has no life to just sit and crack my program then so be it, but I will add just the most rudimentary and basic little defenses so the person doing it has to atleast know more than the normal cracker. So that means i will encrypt my strings and so on. There is one thing that I want to know how to do. And that is, when i was debugging my app with ollydbg in the middle box it was displaying the c++ code for that line of asm. I thought that variable names were destroyed when compiled, but apparently not. And it wrote what file in my app it came from like "globals.h". How do i atleast stop this? I know that everyone does it but idk how. Thanks.

People who most likely will know the answer:
@.::SCHiM::.
@Hassan
@Jason
@radnomguywfq3
@Hell_Demon
@Void
Thanks kibbles, I will be reading up on those links. Thanks. Input from more people is appreciated as I think this is a really grey area of programming that more programmers need to know about to protect their stuff more.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

EDIT:

Kibbles, the NtQueryInformationProcess isn't working anymore i don't think. I tried that guy's method but it didn't work. Either that or I need to work on Dynamic Linking.
Well, I don't have experience with asm and such but for the obfuscation, even at the basic level your code should create lots and lots of delegates that will definitely make the code harder to understand. Also, hide calls to internal and external methods.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
Well, I don't have experience with asm and such but for the obfuscation, even at the basic level your code should create lots and lots of delegates that will definitely make the code harder to understand. Also, hide calls to internal and external methods.
What do you mean by delegates?
Wow, that seems pretty tricky. I think I will try to implement this. Thanks Hassan.
I released a bit of anti-debugging code a while ago, it should be somewhere in this section.
Thx hassan and void these r nice techniques but the issue is that when i open it in olly, it stops code execution before the entry point so these precautions won't be of any effect. That's the issue i am having.
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Thx hassan and void these r nice techniques but the issue is that when i open it in olly, it stops code execution before the entry point so these precautions won't be of any effect. That's the issue i am having.
Lots of abstractions, decoupling and non-standard ways of doing things (eg. calling conventions) really mess with people's heads. And that's all you can hope to do with these "anti-debugging" (more accurately obfuscation) techniques. Delegation is a type of abstraction.
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post


Lots of abstractions, decoupling and non-standard ways of doing things (eg. calling conventions) really mess with people's heads. And that's all you can hope to do with these "anti-debugging" (more accurately obfuscation) techniques. Delegation is a type of abstraction.
Oh so you're just saying that i should just really mix it up with my coding, lol. I will look it up on google to find more abstraction techniques. Thx freedom
Quote Originally Posted by 258456 View Post
Oh so you're just saying that i should just really mix it up with my coding, lol. I will look it up on google to find more abstraction techniques. Thx freedom
Themida and friends will also help... a lot.
Quote Originally Posted by freedompeace View Post


Themida and friends will also help... a lot.
Believe it or not, themida won't work because it sets off the anti cheat. I used vmprotect and it's amazing and does everything for me, it's just that i can't find a full cracked one.
the easiest way is to pack your programs with a strong packer such as Themida or VMProtect...
@258456
Posts 1–15 of 16 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us