SolvedWhat Does A Comment Mean ?

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
What Does A Comment Mean ?
Sorry for little little detail, what does it mean when you put ' infront of a Line to make it green?

Ex: 'sendkeys.send(Key.ShiftKey)

Also, How do I mass use to to make it work for multiple lines?
' literal denotes a comment in Visual Basic. When the Visual Basic compiler encounters a comment, it ignores everything it.

E.g:

'The following line displays the obligatory "Hello, World!" message to the user !
MsgBox ("Hello, World!")

The first line is completely ignored by the compiler as it is meaning-less to it. Visual Basic, unlike a few other languages doesn't supports multi-line comments, so you have to comment out every-line by hand (which is annoying obviously). Visual studio provides support for commenting out multiple lines at once. You can do this by selecting the lines you want to comment out, and then pressing CTRL+K and then CTRL + C.
Thank you, I had no idea what it was called, yet I knew how it works. /solved

also sorry for late response, I was busy coding a program.
Quote Originally Posted by ecaep42 View Post
Thank you, I had no idea what it was called, yet I knew how it works. /solved

also sorry for late response, I was busy coding a program.
No problem, and damn I need such motivation for coding too ;D

Marked Solved.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?