.REZ Extractor

Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2
There are no REZ editors for Crossfire that I am aware of, the REZ files used in Crossfire are based off the ones by Monolith however, the 'directory table' is encrypted or modified in a way which makes it very tedious/hard to edit files because the information containing every filename and folder/directory stored in the REZ file is not stored how we'd expect it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bacter @ XeNTaX
It's a modified version of the Monolith REZ file format: http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/Monolith_REZ
But the end of the file (the Directory table) is somehow encrypted.
I had a look myself and indeed, it seems encrypted.



Quote Originally Posted by Biesi View Post


No, I don't, and I don't need I only want to "inject" .dtx files.
way not spongebob tools? 0.0

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by master131 View Post
There are no REZ editors for Crossfire that I am aware of, the REZ files used in Crossfire are based off the ones by Monolith however, the 'directory table' is encrypted or modified in a way which makes it very tedious/hard to edit files because the information containing every filename and folder/directory stored in the REZ file is not stored how we'd expect it to be.



I had a look myself and indeed, it seems encrypted.
there is tools, but not to inject, only to replace textures, and the only extractor that exists only extract .dtx, sounds and i got a model extractor
Quote Originally Posted by Coder VB10e View Post
but not to inject, only to replace textures
That's why .. I want to create my own RF130.REZ with only like 5-10 .dtx files so that it is only 4-5MB big and not 170MB ..
Quote Originally Posted by Biesi View Post


That's why .. I want to create my own RF130.REZ with only like 5-10 .dtx files so that it is only 4-5MB big and not 170MB ..
and i wanna inject models -_- 0.0'
lol
Quote Originally Posted by Coder VB10e View Post
there is tools, but not to inject, only to replace textures, and the only extractor that exists only extract .dtx, sounds and i got a model extractor
Yes, but they work by searching for a signature like "0100090000000000" to find that kind of stuff and do not use the directory table which I believe REZ injectors for Combat Arms use. Also, I updated my previous post with pictures.
No because if your replaced file is too big/small it'd screw up the offsets of all the other files. The only possible way would be to make the file sizes match exactly somehow. :S
Posts 16–21 of 21 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us