Code::Blocks & other IDE's

Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2
Code::Blocks & other IDE's
Sexy IDE is sexy.

I love how VS2010 Ultimate is over $9,000.00, and Code::Blocks is much simpler to use, free, and open source.
What IDE's do you guys prefer for writing C/C++?









P.S. Visual Studio is still my babycakes for C#/Nemerle.
I use VS2011 Ultimate Beta (le beta is free), But I used to use Code::Blocks.
But... I use Code::Blocks on non-Windows (Or, Virtual Machines if I do not want to download 10GB for the beta, 500MB for 2010)

----EDIT----
So sexy.
Sexy IDE is Sexy (Link'd c: )

I blacked out some areas so no one sees what I work on
C++11 standard
Working on formatting my code at the moment, some things are a little out of place so I just pic'd on my Header file
Software that costs money doesn't exist in a bay full of pirates X:
Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Demon View Post
Software that costs money doesn't exist in a bay full of pirates X:
What ? I downloaded Visual Studio from that bay !
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post


What ? I downloaded Visual Studio from that bay !
But it was free
I personally use Qt creator, no you don't need to use the Qt framework to use the IDE. The IDE has advanced intellisense, text editor tools, advanced debugger and binary editor, customizable themes and more.

I have Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta but i also use Qt Creator.
IMO nothing beats VS for any MS language (C++, C#, VB, F#).

Also I use NetBeans for web coding. WBU?
Quote Originally Posted by tlokzz View Post
IMO nothing beats VS for any MS language (C++, C#, VB, F#).

Also I use NetBeans for web coding. WBU?
Notepad++... Who needs an IDE when it's so simple already?
Quote Originally Posted by JustTrollin View Post
Notepad++... Who needs an IDE when it's so simple already?
Someone who is actually smart and is not a code monkey
Quote Originally Posted by JustTrollin View Post
Notepad++... Who needs an IDE when it's so simple already?
IntelliSense taught me C# :P

.. and Google

Edit: Looked up prices on VS.... HOLY COW!!!!!

How does MS sleep @ night. 1200 just for Pro and 800 annual renewal....

Glad I picked mine up from the pirate network.
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Someone who is actually smart and is not a code monkey
I'm smart aside from being an awesome monkey.
Quote Originally Posted by JustTrollin View Post

I'm smart aside from being an awesome monkey.
If you had to be coding thousands of lines over and over, and had to also check thousands of lines, you wouldnt say that.
Saying that you use Notepad only cause prozorz, to me, you will only look dumb tbh.
Quote Originally Posted by tlokzz View Post
IMO nothing beats VS for any MS language (C++, C#, VB, F#).

Also I use NetBeans for web coding. WBU?
C++ and C# aren't "MS" languages. Microsoft just distributes implementations of them for their systems, they don't own the languages. And on systems where there is no Visual Studio, other IDE's come in handy.

As for web dev, bluefish editor on ubuntu.
Quote Originally Posted by t7ancients View Post
C++ and C# aren't "MS" languages. Microsoft just distributes implementations of them for their systems, they don't own the languages. And on systems where there is no Visual Studio, other IDE's come in handy.

As for web dev, bluefish editor on ubuntu.
Trying to correct me but now I have to correct us both.

C++ was created by Bell. Every other language listed was created by MS. Thank you for trying to be absolutely correct!?
Posts 1–15 of 18 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us