HelpComputer sometimes hangs(freezes).

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Computer sometimes hangs(freezes).
I just recently build my PC about 6 months ago, and this problem has only been happening in the past 2 months. My PC sometimes randomly freezes not at any certain task or a certain time, i cant use my mouse, keyboard anything and have to press the reset button on my case. I tried reformatting and a fresh install of Windows 7 on my PC, but the issue still occurs. I also just bought a new SSD so i cant be the HDD issue. I also tried a memory(RAM) test and still the same problem.

Things i have done:
1. Reformat and reinstall Windows 7
2. Installed a New SDD
3. I tried a memory test
4. I have the latest drivers for everthing, (MOBO, GPU and etc.)

Is there anything i can do? I am 100% it is hardware is there any other tests i can do?
Hmm.. Since no one gave any answer, and something is better than nothing, IMHO, I will just give you some small suggestions. Make sure all the cooling's fine, especially the CPU cooler. Check to see if everything's connected properly?
Quote Originally Posted by tenderanger View Post
Hmm.. Since no one gave any answer, and something is better than nothing, IMHO, I will just give you some small suggestions. Make sure all the cooling's fine, especially the CPU cooler. Check to see if everything's connected properly?
Yea cooling is fine, i get 30 degrees Celsius idle for the CPU, and 40 for the GPU. Everything is connected properly, thanks for your suggestion.
Quote Originally Posted by Aznganxter View Post
Yea cooling is fine, i get 30 degrees Celsius idle for the CPU, and 40 for the GPU. Everything is connected properly, thanks for your suggestion.
I know this is off topic, but I've not been to Australia for a long time.. How's everything there? Anything major happening?
Update drivers.(Even though you mentioned that you already did that) AND make sure that your PSU's fine. I once had the exact same problem, it happens either when the PSU's not properly hooked up, or it's gone bad
Quote Originally Posted by tenderanger View Post
I know this is off topic, but I've not been to Australia for a long time.. How's everything there? Anything major happening?
Update drivers.(Even though you mentioned that you already did that) AND make sure that your PSU's fine. I once had the exact same problem, it happens either when the PSU's not properly hooked up, or it's gone bad
I been thinking its the PSU for a while, but there is no way of testing the PSU. Do you know any tests for the PSU? I need some solid proof before i can sent it in for warranty.
hhmmm wow thats a tricky one..
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Talk with us