ExclamationNeed Challenging Problems To Solve

Posts 1–15 of 55 · Page 1 of 4
Need Challenging Problems To Solve
I'm sorry for triple posting.

Could anyone give me a good challenge that I can do with my so far on C++ knowledge? (CONSOLE ONLY GUYS, CONSOLE ONLY)

Things I know so far...

-cout and cin statement (duh) char and double and float all included
-break; statement
-while, if, else statement
-rand()% statement [ (time(NULL))] applying random numbers
-a LITTLE bit of arrays (try not to give me a challenge involving arrays PLEASE.)
-decrement/increment

Give me a good challenge, and I'll try to do it within 1-2 days. Until then, please do not close this thread.
I really suggest you read a decent C++ book, it will give you exercises and such to do, as well as explaining what everything does in great detail.
Quote Originally Posted by Parandroid View Post
I really suggest you read a decent C++ book, it will give you exercises and such to do, as well as explaining what everything does in great detail.
I have a PDF, and the book will arrive within 2 weeks.
In the PDF however, there are only 2 challenges, and they are far too easy for me to code.
Do you have a Steam or an MSN? I can add you and I'll try to help whenever I have the time and/or patience.
Quote Originally Posted by Parandroid View Post
Do you have a Steam or an MSN? I can add you and I'll try to help whenever I have the time and/or patience.
Don't have steam, but I can manage to download MSN right now.
I'll post back with my available username so you can add me.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
You should try this someday: Project Euler
Hm..I think I got one, from reading the first page.
Could you tell me if this is the correct challenge for my knowledge?

So first the program will have 4 different "sections" I can choose from, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
I choose, let's say addition, then it will ask me random questions like "5+4=" then if I get it right, it will say "correct" and move on to another random, like "9+4=" If I get it right 3 times in a row, it will ask me if I want to keep going. If I select "no", then it will give me a candy and terminate. If I say "yes", it will ask me if I want to switch the subject, if I say yes, then...you know what will happen.

If I were to get a question wrong, then it will say, "incorrect. The real answer, is ___. Would you like to continue or quit? <y/n>"
make a simple program that converts the user input angle to degree, radian, or gradian (user selects the input and output type)

good luck

and btw add me : giniyat202@live.com
Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
make a simple program that converts the user input angle to degree, radian, or gradian (user selects the input and output type)

good luck

and btw add me : giniyat202@live.com
That's too easy. You mean when I input an angle number, it will convert to degree radian or gradian. I did a program like that 2 weeks ago easily.
Could you provide me with a harder challenge than that?

P.S: I've just learned the for loop.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

That's too easy. You mean when I input an angle number, it will convert to degree radian or gradian. I did a program like that 2 weeks ago easily.
Could you provide me with a harder challenge than that?

P.S: I've just learned the for loop.
okay, make a program that outputs the multiplication table for numbers 1~10
Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
okay, make a program that outputs the multiplication table for numbers 1~10
Holy fuck. Now that's a challenge.

I'll probably need your help later, I will start making a simple diagram to help me with my coding in like 2 hours.
@Hero please don't close this even though I don't reply, this will take a LONG time.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

Holy fuck. Now that's a challenge.

I'll probably need your help later, I will start making a simple diagram to help me with my coding in like 2 hours.
@Hero please don't close this even though I don't reply, this will take a LONG time.
@JimTheGreat: Hero ****** got not control over here. I won't close it. Don't worry.
Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

@JimTheGreat: Hero ****** got not control over here. I won't close it. Don't worry.
Lol I keep forgetting your the minion in this section..sorry about that.


---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

@giniyat101 okay that challenge is overly hard. I don't even know where to start.
Could you just give me a simple start?
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

Lol I keep forgetting your the minion in this section..sorry about that.


---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

@giniyat101 okay that challenge is overly hard. I don't even know where to start.
Could you just give me a simple start?
for (int i=1; i<= 10; i++)
and you still didnt add me on msn giniyat202@live.com
Quote Originally Posted by giniyat101 View Post
for (int i=1; i<= 10; i++)
and you still didnt add me on msn giniyat202@live.com
I don't have MSN...I'll download it later when I'm still having trouble.
Thanks for the precious hint..


---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I guess I'll have to download MSN and add you..I need some minor help here

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

@giniyat101 I need to pay for the subscription on MSN..I typed in my hotmail e-mail and pass on the use existing account and it says I need to pay for the subscription and it won't let me install.

Is it okay for tinychat?
Posts 1–15 of 55 · Page 1 of 4
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us