QuestionCannot write to the pointer

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Cannot write to the pointer
Okay, so I'm starting coding. I made a simple script that writes (in a direct manner) to CF's memory. I don't wanna give out source (you probably wouldn't understand it anyway because it's in ASM) but when I use my X-Trap Bypasser, the script works fine. Without it though, it doesn't seem to take effect. Is this because they blocked certain methods from working? There's no error at all, it just has no effect without an X-Trap Bypasser. Just wondering, unless the pointers change because X-Trap is / isn't open (which I doubt).

Another question could be what I would need to do to get the memory edit to work? It doesn't have to be direct and you can write in C (I'll translate it to ASM). I have all my variables, but it seems I can't write when X-Trap is open.

Maybe @tdct could help me out with this

EDIT: D'oh! I should've printed my variables. I can't get/read for any base addresses or pointers, but it works only when X-Trap is closed??? I think X-Trap is blocking my method so I guess it's detected. Still would like some help though.
Quote Originally Posted by TrollerCoaster View Post
Okay, so I'm starting coding. I made a simple script that writes (in a direct manner) to CF's memory. I don't wanna give out source (you probably wouldn't understand it anyway because it's in ASM) but when I use my X-Trap Bypasser, the script works fine. Without it though, it doesn't seem to take effect. Is this because they blocked certain methods from working? There's no error at all, it just has no effect without an X-Trap Bypasser. Just wondering, unless the pointers change because X-Trap is / isn't open (which I doubt).

Another question could be what I would need to do to get the memory edit to work? It doesn't have to be direct and you can write in C (I'll translate it to ASM). I have all my variables, but it seems I can't write when X-Trap is open.

Maybe @tdct could help me out with this

EDIT: D'oh! I should've printed my variables. I can't get/read for any base addresses or pointers, but it works only when X-Trap is closed??? I think X-Trap is blocking my method so I guess it's detected. Still would like some help though.
I did this before i ever learnt c++. Turns out xtrap scrambles all of crossfire's memory so you can't write to a specific part. The memory remains normal when xtrap isn't started.

What you've done is like trying to use an undetected cheat engine with crossfire while xtrap is running. If you search for any variable in this 'UCE' you'll only see '??' for each byte analyzed. Your method is not detected, your script just can't read cf's memory.

Basically, your method won't work unless you've got an xtrap bypass or you develop a dll hack that can write to memory in real time.

Good luck.
Quote Originally Posted by desertflame View Post
I did this before i ever learnt c++. Turns out xtrap scrambles all of crossfire's memory so you can't write to a specific part. The memory remains normal when xtrap isn't started.

What you've done is like trying to use an undetected cheat engine with crossfire while xtrap is running. If you search for any variable in this 'UCE' you'll only see '??' for each byte analyzed. Your method is not detected, your script just can't read cf's memory.

Basically, your method won't work unless you've got an xtrap bypass or you develop a dll hack that can write to memory in real time.

Good luck.
Are you saying I have to loop or constantly access CF and read/write? Because when X-Trap isn't open, I can read fine, but with X-Trap open, I get address 0 returned.

Also, I think this is false because I've created a working EXE hack before a long long time ago (Early-mid 2011ish) that could write to CF just fine. So is this an X-Trap update?
Quote Originally Posted by TrollerCoaster View Post
Are you saying I have to loop or constantly access CF and read/write? Because when X-Trap isn't open, I can read fine, but with X-Trap open, I get address 0 returned.

Also, I think this is false because I've created a working EXE hack before a long long time ago (Early-mid 2011ish) that could write to CF just fine. So is this an X-Trap update?
I'm just saying. Try to use cheat engine with crossfire. (with xtrap running). It won't work. Now try with an xtrap bypass. It works. I'm pretty sure your exe hack wasn't any better than cheatengine.
Make a dll which reads from and writes to pointers and transmits the result to your script. I would prefer WinSock.
Your code is more readable if you write it in C++ and Win32 C++ code is being translated into assembly by the compiler.
However, your assembly code is still readable with disassemblers after it's compiled

For some time, OpenProcess, ReadProcessMemory, WriteProcessMemory and maybe some other memory editing functions are patched by XTrap (not detected because it's only being blocked).
Maybe that's why it doesn't longer work.
check values returned from EnumProcessModules, Read / WriteProcessMemory, one of them will return FALSE
also check if one of the modules called "CShell.dll" (maybe use GetModuleFileNameA for full path?) and output the results to somewhere
and yes, xtrap blocks direct memory writing, if you want to make it without the bypass you will have to make a dll
which does all the job and send the commands to the dll..
maybe you should share a little part of your project?
TrollerCoaster i remember your hacks before from a long time ago, that was some nice work but how come you have only just started coding if you used to release hacks ?
Quote Originally Posted by {Banned}**HACKER** View Post
TrollerCoaster i remember your hacks before from a long time ago, that was some nice work but how come you have only just started coding if you used to release hacks ?
Oh. I meant I started coding again, and when I stopped with CF, I sort of just dumped everything from my brain about CF -_-
I don't have my sources anymore...
Quote Originally Posted by TrollerCoaster View Post
Oh. I meant I started coding again, and when I stopped with CF, I sort of just dumped everything from my brain about CF -_-
I don't have my sources anymore...
yea i guess when you stop it is a challenge to get back into it and know all about new updates and stuff Hope you release some stuff again though soon
@tdct when I was with gforce I had to find all of my pointers again without a bypass. The bypass seems to throw all of the addresses after a certain point off by the same amount. I forgot what it was though.
Quote Originally Posted by tdct View Post
@tdct when I was with gforce I had to find all of my pointers again without a bypass. The bypass seems to throw all of the addresses after a certain point off by the same amount. I forgot what it was though.
That is what I had figured;
I made a hypothesis on how to work around the whole "X-Trap blocks read/write from outside processes" but I haven't tried it out yet.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us