Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 - After rendering the movie was 80GB

Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2
Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 - After rendering the movie was 80GB
Hey guys, this is my first post.
But anywayz, if this topic its in the wrong area, I'm sorry, I looked for a area where this could fit but didn't find one. :s

So, I guess the Title explains everything, after I rendered my video, in 1080p, it was 80GB O.O
And I couldn't upload it to YouTube. Is this normal? Can I do something for this don't happen?
I tried uploading to YouTube directly from Vegas, but I couldn't because it always said "Failed to Render Project to YouTube".

Thanks in advance,
Nervly
probably something in your render settings. im guessing you used one of the rendering presets. try rendering in 720p youtube preset.
Dont render as AVI, render it as MP4 1080p or 720p
Thanks for the quick replies.
I rendered as AVI, that's probably why. I'll try to render as MP4, thanks a lot.
+Rep to both of you

How long is your video?
Use Windows Media Encoder, the file is not compressed, that is why the size is so big because each fps is a X amount of size.

Youtube Windows Media Encoder, comes free with Windows 7.

Ive made 30gb files to 1-2gb depending the quality.
So , whats the size after u rendered it as mp4 ?
Bet it took forever to render :l
Didn't know they can go as much space as those o.O
Quote Originally Posted by DawgiiStylz View Post
Bet it took forever to render :l
Didn't know they can go as much space as those o.O
Ever used fraps? A 3min vid is like 3.5 gb lol
I use Camtasia
Quote Originally Posted by DfKOniK View Post
Ever used fraps? A 3min vid is like 3.5 gb lol
google easy h264, it will compress the file and make it much much smaller and easier to upload on youtube


I use these settings, makes HD videos that are usually <500MB for 15min+ videos.
Quote Originally Posted by DfKOniK View Post
Use Windows Media Encoder
NEVER FUCKING USE THAT SHIT. A "1080p" video rendered in windows format might as well be 240p.


---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
google easy h264, it will compress the file and make it much much smaller and easier to upload on youtube
This is the best solution posted so far.
@Delko DJ
My video is 11:25 long.
Thanks for the video, I'll check it
@HaxPro
I am starting the render in MP4 atm. When it finishes I'll tell you.
@Heartview
My laptop has 2.10GHz. Besides that, for some reason, I don't have the options here that you choosed in those screenshots. CBR in Audio for example and many other stuff. Including the tabs at the bottom.
@DfKOniK
Thanks!
I'll try h264 first though.
@Disturbed & @Ghost
Thanks both, I'll give it a try ^^

________________________________________

Thanks alot for all your help, everyone!
+1 Rep to all of you
lol 80gb fkd up
Posts 1–15 of 19 · Page 1 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?