QuestionHelpFurther evolving help

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Further evolving help
This is currently the mob trap I have built..so far. I just made a tall piston pusher trap, and made a tiny lava blade at the bottom so the loot get pushed out. (I did not go fall trap because I need the water currents for them to be travelling into, and by the water then the mobs will mostly survive, and I was lazy to toggle the water by pistons). I just cloned about 7 of them, total of 8 traps, combined 2 of them together to make 1 huge one, and put them in all 4 sides, with 1 collection point.
VIDEO:
Minecraft Mob Trap (TEST ONLY, DEMO) for MPGH.net. - YouTube

As you can see, the trap's efficiency is very low. I can estimate it will only give about 500-1000 items per hour. This is very bad for a lot of towers around me.
So I want to make it more efficient without taking up a lot of space because mobs can only spawn within certain radius. I want to make it like 30,000 items per hour, like BioFactory. Is there any way of increasing my mob trap's efficiency?
Hmm... Try making more machines that you have.. So like, hmm. Scoot back the 4 machines you have now about 50-100 blocks. Find a way to make the items flow to the middle by water. Now, make more machines and have the water flow connect one of the main 4's water flow.
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
Hmm... Try making more machines that you have.. So like, hmm. Scoot back the 4 machines you have now about 50-100 blocks. Find a way to make the items flow to the middle by water. Now, make more machines and have the water flow connect one of the main 4's water flow.
I totally thought of that, but if I do move them further out, then mobs will mostly likely despawn, because if I'm like 144+ blocks away from them, they will not spawn properly.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post

I totally thought of that, but if I do move them further out, then mobs will mostly likely despawn, because if I'm like 144+ blocks away from them, they will not spawn properly.
Hmm... I'll think of something else. See what I come up with.
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post


Hmm... I'll think of something else. See what I come up with.
Thanks for helping me out.
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us