ExclamationViruses

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Viruses
I have recently run a scan on my computer and found a couple back door viruses. I'm just warning to be careful around because I have only downloaded from here recently.

If there are any issues as one of the viruses changed my DHCP protocol and therefore I was unable to connect to the internet.

Here is the scan log from Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (PRO) 1.62.0.1300
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Database version: v2012.08.11.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Norton :: NORTON-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

11/08/2012 6:31:45 PM
mbam-log-2012-08-11 (18-31-45).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 211595
Time elapsed: 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Detected: 7
HKCR\Typelib\{3277CD27-4001-4EF8-9D96-C6CA745AC2F9} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\Interface\{38493F7F-2922-4C6C-9A9A-8DA2C940D0EE} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\CLSID\{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\KWIEBar.KWIEBarBand.1 (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCR\KWIEBar.KWIEBarBand (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \Settings\{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext \Stats\{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar|{669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Data: Dashlane Toolbar -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Files Detected: 1
C:\Users\Norton\AppData\Roaming\Dashlane\bin\KWIEB ar.dll (Adware.7FaSSt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)
I am not accusing this site or anyone using or posting on it, just a warning to be careful.

EDIT:

Courtesy of Symantec:

Severity: Medium
This attack could pose a moderate security threat. It does not require immediate action.
Description This signature detects the adware 7FASST's search activity.
Additional Information
System is infected with 7FASST adware. This adware registers itself as a Browser Helper Object in Internet Explorer. It also installs a toolbar providing a search field that queries search engine search.com.

Adware:
Programs that facilitate delivery of advertising content to the user through their own window, or by utilizing another program's interface. In some cases, these programs may gather information from the user's computer, including information related to Internet browser usage or other computing habits, and relay this information back to a remote computer or other location in cyberspace.

Adware can be downloaded from Web sites (typically in shareware or freeware), email messages, and instant messengers. Additionally, a user may unknowingly receive and/or trigger adware by accepting an End User License Agreement from a software program linked to the adware, or from visiting a Web site that downloads the adware with or without an End User License Agreement.

Affected
Windows

Response
Use any good anti-spyware/adware solution to remove the threat.
Most seem to affiliated with Dashlane. Anyone have any ideas?
Lol bro you probably got it somewhere else

not trying to knock on you or anything
Quote Originally Posted by MillerLite View Post
Lol bro you probably got it somewhere else

not trying to knock on you or anything
I don't doubt that I did. But just putting it out there.
Idk as much as it is a possibility to get viruses from anywhere , downloading free hacks and cheats from a hacking community probably isnt the best place to be to not get a virus. Im not blaming MPGH for viruses just saying its not the best play to be if you dont want them.
Are you shitting me? It's just some skimpy AdWare. Run Spybot S&D, you will probably get even more. It's random shit you pick up around the net and is inevitable. The toolbar one is probably from installing Cheat Engine (It installs Babylon). Please don't say you get viruses from here again. /facepalm
Quote Originally Posted by lockdown6435 View Post
Are you shitting me? It's just some skimpy AdWare. Run Spybot S&D, you will probably get even more. It's random shit you pick up around the net and is inevitable. The toolbar one is probably from installing Cheat Engine (It installs Babylon). Please don't say you get viruses from here again. /facepalm
Lol did you not read it. I never said I got it from here! I just haven't downloaded anything else today and I'm putting it out there for people to be careful. I've been a member here for a long time and trust this site, and I am only trying to keep its users safe.
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?