SolvedMaking A Game Trainer

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
Making A Game Trainer
I have been studying visual basic for quite a while now and tried to make a trainer for Mass Effect 1, but apparently it didn't seem to work. Well, atleast not after I restart the game. I used the adresses which found throw cheat engine, but it seems they change. Since I never have made trainers before I did not expect this... Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Don't think it would be any help for you to know what code I tried to use but anyway here it is:
W4Bytes(&H18943AE0, 10000)
If the code changes, then that must be how the game counters the 'hacks'. I don't know if you can prevent it, probably not (though I have no idea how flash games work).
It isn't a flash game, it seems the adresses changes upon loading, restarting the game, changing 'instance'. But the hex code does not, though I don't know if the hex code can't be used to make trainers with.
Its DMA (Dynamic memory allocation)
Everytime the process starts, it allocates the memory on different places (within the process memory).
You need to find the static address. And move from there. (CE has a tutorial for that.. do it)

Also im a bit rusty as I didnt code anything related to game hacking in months.. So some definitions might not be correct.

And it is not an "anti" hacking system. Thats how process's work.
You can use a Pattern Scan to find the right addresses every time...
Ohhh.. When I see game trainer.. I think of flash games, and I have no clue how they work.. :P
I found the CE tut, I will give it a try. I will edit this post when I have gotten a result. Thanks for the replies
I would usually just use code injection for a dynamic address.
But since you're new to ASM and im not sure how good your VB skills are, id say read up on multi level pointers.
Dont use CE built in pointer scanner, it sucks balls. Research multi level pointers and understand how they work.
Once you understand them, it'l become easier. Basically you're finding a static route to a dynamic address.

Have a look on this site for a memory class that has pointers and code injection.
I know iv made one that does all this in vb, but i cant remember if i posted it or not.
I tried the tut and passed it quite easy, however I do still have issues finding those pointers, maybe should start out with older games...
Quote Originally Posted by Trexx188845 View Post
I tried the tut and passed it quite easy, however I do still have issues finding those pointers, maybe should start out with older games...
Whats the issue?
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
Whats the issue?
It is just like they don't exist... I have created a small trainer for Alien Shooter, it appears to be working. I will be studying this some more and see how far I can get.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?