HelpMinecraft won't take 64bit Java

Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1
Minecraft won't take 64bit Java
Ever since I started playing MC in a windows 7 ultimate x64, I keep running out of memory.

I did play with a mac before and it has been a flawless experience with the Java set to take 4GB of my system memory.

I am using an andocaijo cracked launcher and I wonder if there's a fix to this or a new cracked launcher version. I am running the latest .jar freshly downloaded.


Laptop is a N43SM with i5 2450M, 8GB ram (1866), and a GT 630M driver v 305.53 (modded)
Try allocating more memory.
My guess is your render distance is "Far". Change it to "Normal" And it will work. @Yellow 13
Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
My guess is your render distance is "Far". Change it to "Normal" And it will work. @Yellow 13
Is it possible to have it run at a far render distance and have it not crash at the same time?
Quote Originally Posted by Yellow 13 View Post
Is it possible to have it run at a far render distance and have it not crash at the same time?
You know, my cousin has a 64 bit, and Far render.. And it ALWAYS crashes... My guess is YES. But, I don't know how to stop it :/
Did you try allocating more memory to Java itself? Go into Control panel and click on Java. Navigate to the Java tab and click view. Under the runtime parameters type the max memory you will allocate to Java. So say you want to run it at 5 gigs. Type -Xmx500m.
I will try that, btw, does anybody know how to reenable the minecraft resource in-game monitor for memory consumption and such?

EDIT: It's F3 with optifine, the JRE XMX didn't work
Posts 1–8 of 8 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us