Gravedigging

Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1
Gravedigging
If this has been posted before, then infract or ban me. I could care less at this point.

I've seen a lot of threads being posted on when they are well past their prime and are no longer active.
So, what's the point in keeping them open?

I've seen someone gravedig a thread, and then another member posts on that thread and tells the grave-digger to stop gravedigging? Seriously?

So here's my proposal.

If a thread is dead, no longer active, and someone posts on it. Warn them or give them an infraction. The threads are useless and do not serve a purpose anymore.

Make a cut off date for all threads. 2 weeks after the last post. If a thread isn't posted on for 2 or more weeks then have it automatically close. I know it's a possibility, I've done it on forums plenty of times.
We used to have a warning in vB3, which would notify a user about how old the thread was he would've posted on otherwise.
Also, as you can read in the Rules, members who bump old threads for unimportant reasons will be punished with either an infraction or a ban.
When we see someone making a pointless bump, the post is deleted and the thread is usually locked afterwards. Don't know why you feel you'd get infracted for this post, you've done no wrong
Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
When we see someone making a pointless bump, the post is deleted and the thread is usually locked afterwards.
Wouldn't they receive an infraction because they are grave digging?

I agree with OP. A thread should get automatically closed after 2 weeks of inactivity. It'd prevent a lot of infractions and less frustrations/complaints from people getting infracted due to grave digging a thread.
Posts 1–4 of 4 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us