HelpRebuilding PC

Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1
Rebuilding PC
I am going to rebuild my computer and going to replace these things:
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Physical memory: 4096 MB 4x 1024 DDR2
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 Dual-Core Processor 2700 MHZ

to:

Kingston DDR3,1066-2G
XFX Radeon HD6870 BLACK EDITION, 1Gb
Intel Core i5-3570

And a new vent thing with 700 W, not sure how you call it in english.

My mobo: MS 7501, do I need a other one?

But I need to know how to check if I can put these parts in my computer, can somebody help me with this?
I can already tell you you will need a new mother board as DDR3 doesn't work with a DDR2 motherboard sorry bud.
You will have to pretty much rebuild everything. Intel's platform never worked with AMD's stuff and vice versa. Actually putting things together isn't that hard, just search for guides on youtube.
I recommend using a Gigabyte motherboard if you choose to go the AMD route (I personally prefer AMD over intel).
also, i doubt you'll need 700W, i think a 400W (or maybe a 600W if you plan to upgrade further later) would suffice
Posts 1–5 of 5 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us