OA Key through steam

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
OA Key through steam
(sorry if this is in the wrong section, if a moderator can move it if so, that would be great.)

so I've been global banned and I'm purchasing a new key through steam via OA.
my question is, how would I go about finding the key? I already have the keychanger, so that's
covered. what I don't understand is since I already have OA and I'm globally banned, what happens when
I purchase another copy?
You need to buy it retail or from a new steam account. And then you cant launch it via steam again.
Quote Originally Posted by dogboy708 View Post
You need to buy it retail or from a new steam account. And then you cant launch it via steam again.
a friend is purchasing it for me (and would end up sending it as a gift),
and this thread says otherwise http://www.mpgh.net/forum/624-dayz-h...keys-back.html
Quote Originally Posted by AuhMayZing View Post
a friend is purchasing it for me (and would end up sending it as a gift),
and this thread says otherwise http://www.mpgh.net/forum/624-dayz-h...keys-back.html
You can remove privs from the key to prevent steam from dicking around, but I didnt feel like extending the post.
Just have your friend send it as a gift to another account, and use the key from that. Or just ask them for the key itself, its all you need.
Quote Originally Posted by dogboy708 View Post
You need to buy it retail or from a new steam account. And then you cant launch it via steam again.
If you buy it on steam, on ANOTHER account you CAN launch it through steam if you're on the NEW account.
Quote Originally Posted by orlyyz View Post
If you buy it on steam, on ANOTHER account you CAN launch it through steam if you're on the NEW account.
THIS IS THE REAL SHIT BRUV
Got banned quick, eh? :P
Quote Originally Posted by ReconX45 View Post
Got banned quick, eh? :P
what a useless and irrelevant post, but no. I had quite a long run.
Log into your friends steam account on your computer, launch Arma 2 OA. Then you can exit the game and use your steam account (but do not launch Arma 2 OA from your account because the key will be changed back to the banned one).

More info here (Method 1):
http://www.mpgh.net/forum/624-dayz-h...heres-how.html
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?