Possible 'Ghetto' Wallhack?

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Possible 'Ghetto' Wallhack?
Right, I decided the other day to show Warrock to my brother, and teach him to play [and powerlevel with him]. And since it's a 600MB download, I decided to just put the download onto a disk instead of making him download it [since his PC is in the next room to mine].

Anyway, what happened was, I ran the install, and it came up with 2 errors copying files. It didn't work clicking "retry", so I just ignored them. The game worked fine, like I hoped. But just before he decided to go on Pagadonia East [or something like that, an't remember the name]. The one with the Helicopters & water. Well, he didn't realise what had happened, but when I saw it, the texture for the water wasn't there. IE, he could perfectly see anybody that was swimming underneath the surface of the water, and he was shooting the fuck out of them without realising that it's actually supposed to be hard to see underneath the surface.

What's more [not sure if you can do this anyway], he landed a Hawk UNDERNEATH the surface of the water and it was undamaged, and he didn't run out of breath. He's been playing on that map non-stop for days now and PB hasn't done anything.

Anyway... Long story short [fat rant, I know], I was wondering if there'd be a way to "error" any other texture files, or replace them with different ones [Like the glass from the Humvees]. I know it's been done in CS:Source without any problems from VAC, so maybe it's possible with Warrock? Juyst a suggestion. I know it's not been done to BF2 and that uses Punkbuster, but hey.

*too much typing, gonna go rest my fingers now*

EDIT: I'll run down and get a screenshot in a minute
now i want you to copy that corrupted file and paste it here so we can all use it =D
Yes, corrupted files pl0x. XD

I'm not sure though, I thought PB/WR used checksum to find if the file has been edited. I'm not sure, but it may work, no idea.
Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
Yes, corrupted files pl0x. XD

I'm not sure though, I thought PB/WR used checksum to find if the file has been edited. I'm not sure, but it may work, no idea.
Yeah it does check edited files. It could even be the same size and the original file but it wont work. Ive tried... =(
woah... wheres the screeny i wanna see this shit
Right, I got the screenshots.

Maybe it's nothing to be bragging about & maybe this thread was a waste of time. Better than the "plz giv me hax lol?" threads though, I think.

Here they are.

My point of view:
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

His point of view:
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot

*shrug* As I say, he's been playing on it for about a week and not had a problem. :]

OH, and bear in mind he's on absolutely minimal settings, and I'm on maximum. Dunno if that'll make a difference, á la CounterStrike Source DX7 hack.

Edit: I forgot about the Hawk trick when I was playing with him, but I haven't tried it on an un-fucked-up client anyway. He told me he chaingunned three guys swimming under the water from it though. And he didn't drown. And I believe him (Y)
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
spam. delete. ban. ^^^
LOL, nice avatar, Dave is gonna hate that. Spam. Delete. Ban. ^^^
Gulp
so you mean the water supposed to be all foggy...ive had to redowload warrock so many times becuz of errors but my waters always looked like that...i dunno if i can breathe forever but i no mines all clear.IF u ever see me wave ^^{warrock name}[Sniper5god]
Ohh, sorry for the crappy thread then.

Was just wondering that if his water's texture disappeared so much (compare this and this to see what I mean), I was wondering if anyone'd be able to fuck up textures in the same way.
Ohh, sorry for the crappy thread then.

Was just wondering that if his water's texture disappeared so much (compare this and this to see what I mean), I was wondering if anyone'd be able to fuck up say, wall textures in the same way.



edit: soz for double post, get a mod to delete it?
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us