QuestionHelpVMWare support

Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1
VMWare support
Can my laptop handle VMWare? I want to run 2 OS in 1 VMWare, and I'm wondering if my laptop is enough requirements for that to happen, before I download.
Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU
MotherBoard: M 350 @ 2.27 GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB (1.86 GB usable)
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Hard Drives: C:/D:/E:/H:/DVD RW Drive F:


I'm trying to run 2 games in 1 VMWare, and run another on my main monitor.
Think you would really want atleast 4GB (preferably 8GB) RAM for this, aswell as a multi-core processor.
If you want to run multiple games then VMware is definitely not your best solution, needless to say you'll have huge performance drops and not to mention all the lack of proper hardware acceleration. Which games do you wanna run?
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
If you want to run multiple games then VMware is definitely not your best solution, needless to say you'll have huge performance drops and not to mention all the lack of proper hardware acceleration. Which games do you wanna run?
CrossFire. That's it.


---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
Think you would really want atleast 4GB (preferably 8GB) RAM for this, aswell as a multi-core processor.
Just what I thought.
Quote Originally Posted by JimTheGreat View Post
CrossFire. That's it.
Never really tried running multiply instances of CF yet, I'm pretty sure the anti-cheat might have problems running more than one instance at a time though. And I know for a fact that people used to use virtual machines to farm in CF, so you might actually have more luck going down that path, given that there might be a few guides in the CF section (I think Toxin had one, try searching for it). If you can, try running CF twice on two different user accounts and see if that works. If it does, you might be able to just keep running the game as different user accounts to get multiple instances without having to bother with VMing it.
Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
Never really tried running multiply instances of CF yet, I'm pretty sure the anti-cheat might have problems running more than one instance at a time though. And I know for a fact that people used to use virtual machines to farm in CF, so you might actually have more luck going down that path, given that there might be a few guides in the CF section (I think Toxin had one, try searching for it). If you can, try running CF twice on two different user accounts and see if that works. If it does, you might be able to just keep running the game as different user accounts to get multiple instances without having to bother with VMing it.
Well, I guess I'll just try it, and I'll post back with results. I know how to do it, I was just wondering if it will cause serious FPS drops and stuff like that compared to my PC specs.
Well, first CF lags quite bad with 5 FPS, and games take like 15 minutes to load lmao.
Posts 1–7 of 7 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?