HelpDatabases

Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1
Databases
I always wanted to get into databases, but it seems quite complicated to new users.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction to get a small free sql database to start off and any other useful tips?
What for do you want to use databases?

For big management systems id look into MS SQL.
Quite simple to connect and use with .NET.

Are you familiar with SQL queries? operations?
Quote Originally Posted by 'Bruno View Post
What for do you want to use databases?

For big management systems id look into MS SQL.
Quite simple to connect and use with .NET.

Are you familiar with SQL queries? operations?
Not at all. Right after I made this post I set up a database and have queries to manage it. I also got the .dll that you need to link the SQL to your application.
I've yet to start to code the database into my program or link it somehow. That I have to do more research and figuring out.

If you like, I'd really appreciate to help me learn.
Reason why I'm learning databases is to expand my VB knowledge and I learn best by experience. I always wanted to learn this
I'm a self learner
Before using .Net to handle your database, you should learn some SQL statements.
Go loop up a few tutorials and use a administration tool to connect to your database and execute some querys.
Later on, you will be able to execute these querys in .Net and retreive the data you want.
However, you should start learning SQL first.
Indeed, if you are not familiar with SQL it self, get used to it. Its not hard. (This is actually something I use every single day)

There is some good tutorials around the web. Add me on skype if you seek some help.
I has learning to do
Posts 1–6 of 6 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us