Does Combat Arms support normal mapped weapons?

Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
Does Combat Arms support normal mapped weapons?
The title basically explains it!

/Discuss
Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post
Still don't know what you're talking about
Sorry let me explain.



READ IF YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT NORMAL MAPPING IS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping



Quote Originally Posted by OBrozz View Post


Sorry let me explain.



READ IF YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT NORMAL MAPPING IS:
Normal mapping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



If you're talking about creating whole new model of characters, guns, etc and importing it into the game then probably, but you'll need to know the format Nexon uses and the bypass
Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


If you're talking about creating whole new model of characters, guns, etc and importing it into the game then probably, but you'll need to know the format Nexon uses and the bypass
Isn't Obrozz making a game?
Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyekoJR 1 View Post

Isn't Obrozz making a game?
Don't know who that is and unaware of this
If it's a member of MPGH I was gone for a long long time, so Idk what happened between then and now
Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyekoJR 1 View Post

Isn't Obrozz making a game?
Yes I am, but mpgh is were I first learned to texture and mod. From tehre I went to game development so I was thinking of releasing a sweet mod. But havn't got time

Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


Don't know who that is and unaware of this
If it's a member of MPGH I was gone for a long long time, so Idk what happened between then and now
This gun below will be in my gamebut thats not my point. This gun has a diffuse texture and a normal map texture to make the other bumps and texture look real. I would wondering if CA suporrted normal maps. I would apply a normal map and retexture the guns :P




edit: 666hiddenmaster666 we used to be bros back then. About 3 years ago I use to mod with you. Do you Remember Zane or ZaneSlayman or warlordzane(made it when I was 11 :P)?






Quote Originally Posted by OBrozz View Post
edit: 666hiddenmaster666 we used to be bros back then. About 3 years ago I use to mod with you. Do you Remember Zane or ZaneSlayman or warlordzane(made it when I was 11 :P)?
Ohai
Been gone a while, so don't know/remember much
Quote Originally Posted by 666HiddenMaster666 View Post


Ohai
Been gone a while, so don't know/remember much
Yeah its been awhile. Didn't think you'd still be here :P
Quote Originally Posted by OBrozz View Post
Yeah its been awhile. Didn't think you'd still be here :P
Once an MPGHien, always an MPGHien
i understand
adding models that arent physical?
you dont get the nice curly things when u cross texture l96a1 to arctic wolf
which is almost like what you are doing
i heard you have to go into attributes which is "impossible"
Honestly, I'm not sure. Are you using UDK to make Line of Fire?
yes, you can use custom/normal mapped textures on weapons in ca

i used to do it all the time with my old school custom models




now when i say "yes you can" i mean you have to sort of "cheat it"

look through the lithtech documentation, i don't remember where it was exactly but its in there somewhere, you had to use DEdit though i believe
Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure. Are you using UDK to make Line of Fire?
No I am using Unity3D, I want to go full commercial with it instead of having to pay off royalties and having to owe the UDK people. Unity3D is the closest thing to my own engine. It's rather amazing except for the fact that it renders textures like a pussy but I'm sure it will get better before I release the game.


Quote Originally Posted by supercarz1991 View Post
yes, you can use custom/normal mapped textures on weapons in ca

i used to do it all the time with my old school custom models




now when i say "yes you can" i mean you have to sort of "cheat it"

look through the lithtech documentation, i don't remember where it was exactly but its in there somewhere, you had to use DEdit though i believe
FINIALLY someone with some sort of knowlege. Thanks man!
Posts 1–14 of 14 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us