HelpGetting this error for 3 weeks now

Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1
Getting this error for 3 weeks now
So it has been 3 weeks and I still can't start up CA... The error is "-2, 10060" and yes, I know it means either my Firewall is blocking it or the servers itself are down but those 2 aren't the case.
How am I so sure that the servers aren't down? Well, I was Skyping with my friend and we decided to play CA together but when starting up CA, I keep getting that error but my friend just started up normally. I re-installed CA 3 times and still no fixes.
Now, how am I so sure that my Firewall isn't blocking the game? I checked my Firewall settings and it isn't blocking it. And what's more? I've been playing CA for 2 years now and I never had this error.
I know, you must be thinking "why not start up CA in the website itself?" Well, when I try to log on into the CA website itself, which is combatarms.nexon.net, it always take a long time to load to the next page and when it does, I get this "Nexon is taking too long to respond."
Please help. :/

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and I've forgotten to include this. My PC system or whatever you call it is Windows 7 x32-bit
Maybe it's due to your location?
Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post
Maybe it's due to your location?
Can't be, since I've been playing CA for 2 years now and this never happened before.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
According to this its maintenance http://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...des-fixes.html

Try re-installing the game

Since you said it worked for you before.
It's definitely not the servers being in the middle of a maintenance 'cause my friends were able to play CA without problems except me. And it was happening at the same time.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by [SMA] Paradise` View Post
Try to flush your DNS Cache.
Open the Start menu.
Go to Run.
If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
I've tried it and nope, still getting that error. And just to "double-check", you said to type in ""ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks obviously), does the slash (/) refers to "or"? Or do I just copy/paste "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotation marks)?
I know you must be wondering "Why not just 'trial-on-error'?" But I'm afraid I might have did something wrong, hehe...
Quote Originally Posted by OMG1OMG View Post
Can't be, since I've been playing CA for 2 years now and this never happened before.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------



It's definitely not the servers being in the middle of a maintenance 'cause my friends were able to play CA without problems except me. And it was happening at the same time.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------



I've tried it and nope, still getting that error. And just to "double-check", you said to type in ""ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks obviously), does the slash (/) refers to "or"? Or do I just copy/paste "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotation marks)?
I know you must be wondering "Why not just 'trial-on-error'?" But I'm afraid I might have did something wrong, hehe...
It's the entire phrase "ipconfig/flushdns"
Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post


It's the entire phrase "ipconfig/flushdns"
I typed in "ipconfig/flushdns" and it said it couldn't find it.
Just in case you're wondering for whatever reason, haha, here's what's going on.
If I type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (with space) in the Run Window, a Command Prompt Window will appear for like... A split second? And then it closes automatically. It's very short, I couldn't see what was written in it.
But if I type in ipconfig/flushdns (without space) in the Run Window, it gives me some sort of Error Window saying it couldn't be found and asked to see if I have typed in anything wrongly...
But either way, I still can't start up CA and neither can I log in into the CA website. (Thanks for the suggestions though )
Quote Originally Posted by OMG1OMG View Post
I typed in "ipconfig/flushdns" and it said it couldn't find it.
Just in case you're wondering for whatever reason, haha, here's what's going on.
If I type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (with space) in the Run Window, a Command Prompt Window will appear for like... A split second? And then it closes automatically. It's very short, I couldn't see what was written in it.
But if I type in ipconfig/flushdns (without space) in the Run Window, it gives me some sort of Error Window saying it couldn't be found and asked to see if I have typed in anything wrongly...
But either way, I still can't start up CA and neither can I log in into the CA website. (Thanks for the suggestions though )
1. Search for "cmd"
2. Run "cmd" as admin.
3. Type in "ipconfig/flushdns" without spaces.

You don't type it in the "Run" window.
Quote Originally Posted by YellowFever View Post


1. Search for "cmd"
2. Run "cmd" as admin.
3. Type in "ipconfig/flushdns" without spaces.

You don't type it in the "Run" window.
Nope, didn't work. But in the "cmd" Window, it did say that the whatever DNS Cache has been flushed. I've tried this while being an Admin and not being an Admin. (still getting the same error)
Try to flush your DNS Cache.
Open the Start menu.
Go to Run.
If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
Posts 1–9 of 9 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

Need help?