HelpConverting a String containing a Memory Address to Integer

Posts 16–20 of 20 · Page 2 of 2
Quote Originally Posted by x2Sorcer View Post
Oh thank you so much. Was trying to solve that problem the whole day and even googled for over an hour but couldn't find something helpful

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Edit: This works perfect for reading values from MW3, but I don't get it how to do it with bytes. I'm using your memory class at the moment so i can care about the other things, so you might could help me

For Integer the code is, of course: Convert.ToString(ReadInteger(address));
Now I want to read a bytelist using Convert.ToString(ReadBytes(addresse, bytelength)); - but that just gives me "System.Byte[]", doesnt matter which bytelength i enter - any idea why or how to fix it?

Thanks
Erm, the class got a read string and the length to read but...

something like:
Code:
System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetString(*bytes*, *index (0)*);
For the Hex value as String, use: (????).ToString("X"); (The X means we are using hex value / byte make it a lower case x for small letters)

PS:
BitConverter is more used to work with bytes
Quote Originally Posted by Jorndel View Post


Erm, the class got a read string and the length to read but...

something like:
Code:
System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetString(*bytes*, *index (0)*);
For the Hex value as String, use: (????).ToString("X"); (The X means we are using hex value / byte make it a lower case x for small letters)

PS:
BitConverter is more used to work with bytes
But can you explain why it returns System.Byte[] ?
Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin13 View Post
But can you explain why it returns System.Byte[] ?
That is because the Convert.ToString only converts an none-array value.
So that's why it returns that the "converted value" is a: System.Byte[] (Since that is the "definition" of an array of bytes )


---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

While the ASCII is an encoding for bytes. (Wrong but, the main point here...)
(255 chars)

So that is why it can handle the byte[] input value and convert it to a string.
C# makes me wanna kill myself sometimes....Thank God the ESP's done so I don't have to touch it for a while...
So what else can you use for a string byte conversion? Just that?
Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin13 View Post
C# makes me wanna kill myself sometimes....Thank God the ESP's done so I don't have to touch it for a while...
So what else can you use for a string byte conversion? Just that?
Many "ways" I suppose, but I haven't looked after those.
(I don't have the need :P)
Posts 16–20 of 20 · Page 2 of 2

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us