What must I learn to make a 3D FPS game like blackshot,steam,combat arms ect?

Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1
What must I learn to make a 3D FPS game like blackshot,steam,combat arms ect?
What must I learn to make such games? Example like c++? Java?? Or what must I learn?
Quote Originally Posted by queenmickey View Post
What must I learn to make such games? Example like c++? Java?? Or what must I learn?
use game engine
there are many game engine there

you should use the free game engine for first time user
Quote Originally Posted by andreH View Post
use game engine
there are many game engine there

you should use the free game engine for first time user
Must I learn c++, java, unity or anything to make?
Quote Originally Posted by queenmickey View Post


Must I learn c++, java, unity or anything to make?
Jumping right into C++ wont be very smart.
Start with some easy shit like VB.
Maybe some HTML for web sites if you have no prior experience with coding.
Once you get a grasp of how most coding works, other languages become easier to work with.

But to answer your question, I would recommend jumping into some beginner platforms of game development first.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
Game Creatorⓘ
Scrriaⓘ
Game Maker Studioⓘ
Cry Engine 3ⓘ
Quote Originally Posted by whittenisback View Post
Jumping right into C++ wont be very smart.
Start with some easy shit like VB.
Maybe some HTML for web sites if you have no prior experience with coding.
Once you get a grasp of how most coding works, other languages become easier to work with.

But to answer your question, I would recommend jumping into some beginner platforms of game development first.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
Game Creator
Scrria
Game Maker Studio
Cry Engine 3
ty now i can make my crisis like game and play it a 2fps
Quote Originally Posted by whittenisback View Post
Jumping right into C++ wont be very smart.
Start with some easy shit like VB.
Maybe some HTML for web sites if you have no prior experience with coding.
Once you get a grasp of how most coding works, other languages become easier to work with.

But to answer your question, I would recommend jumping into some beginner platforms of game development first.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
Game Creator
Scrria
Game Maker Studio
Cry Engine 3
I was about to reply to say something to that effect. The guy must learn a simple language to see what he's doing.
Quote Originally Posted by queenmickey View Post
What must I learn to make such games? Example like c++? Java?? Or what must I learn?
Okay this might seem harsh but you need to take as much criticism as you can before you learn a language.

A: Making a whole FPS MMO like Combat arms for example is phsyically, and mentally "impossible" for one human. People don't understand that companies that make WoW, Combat Arms, CS:S, CoD series etc. Have THOUSANDS working to make one game, and even with thousands they take YEARS to make. YEARS for THOUSANDS of people. You are not going to make a 3d FPS as successful as combat arms with out it having huge bug issues, horrible anti cheat, horrible graphics, etc. you are going to be lacking in some area.

B: If you have this high of goals to make a game that is impossible as explained above, your going to kill your hopes cause I used to be like you before I learned a language, thought it was easy I can do it, right? my mom said i can do anything I put my mind to. Wrong, you will learn the hard way by either A) copying peoples codes on tutorials and not realizing how ahead you are of yourself or B) just giving up early stages cause you don't want to deal with learning what a compiler does when all you want is a game.

C: C++ is the market standard right now (C# coming along) as it can be dual platform (so can java). But java's game engines are as "extensive" as c++ or c#.

Again sorry if the criticism seemed harsh but it's the truth, someone has to tell you.
Quote Originally Posted by itzSlimJim View Post
Okay this might seem harsh but you need to take as much criticism as you can before you learn a language.

A: Making a whole FPS MMO like Combat arms for example is phsyically, and mentally "impossible" for one human. People don't understand that companies that make WoW, Combat Arms, CS:S, CoD series etc. Have THOUSANDS working to make one game, and even with thousands they take YEARS to make. YEARS for THOUSANDS of people. You are not going to make a 3d FPS as successful as combat arms with out it having huge bug issues, horrible anti cheat, horrible graphics, etc. you are going to be lacking in some area.

B: If you have this high of goals to make a game that is impossible as explained above, your going to kill your hopes cause I used to be like you before I learned a language, thought it was easy I can do it, right? my mom said i can do anything I put my mind to. Wrong, you will learn the hard way by either A) copying peoples codes on tutorials and not realizing how ahead you are of yourself or B) just giving up early stages cause you don't want to deal with learning what a compiler does when all you want is a game.

C: C++ is the market standard right now (C# coming along) as it can be dual platform (so can java). But java's game engines are as "extensive" as c++ or c#.

Again sorry if the criticism seemed harsh but it's the truth, someone has to tell you.
thanks this really helped me lots
Quote Originally Posted by queenmickey View Post


thanks this really helped me lots
glad to help, again sory if it ruined your goals
Quote Originally Posted by itzSlimJim View Post
Okay this might seem harsh but you need to take as much criticism as you can before you learn a language.

A: Making a whole FPS MMO like Combat arms for example is phsyically, and mentally "impossible" for one human. People don't understand that companies that make WoW, Combat Arms, CS:S, CoD series etc. Have THOUSANDS working to make one game, and even with thousands they take YEARS to make. YEARS for THOUSANDS of people. You are not going to make a 3d FPS as successful as combat arms with out it having huge bug issues, horrible anti cheat, horrible graphics, etc. you are going to be lacking in some area.

B: If you have this high of goals to make a game that is impossible as explained above, your going to kill your hopes cause I used to be like you before I learned a language, thought it was easy I can do it, right? my mom said i can do anything I put my mind to. Wrong, you will learn the hard way by either A) copying peoples codes on tutorials and not realizing how ahead you are of yourself or B) just giving up early stages cause you don't want to deal with learning what a compiler does when all you want is a game.

C: C++ is the market standard right now (C# coming along) as it can be dual platform (so can java). But java's game engines are as "extensive" as c++ or c#.

Again sorry if the criticism seemed harsh but it's the truth, someone has to tell you.

actually... you are wrong at the A: part... im game developer and the thing you said about Thousands of people working on one game for years is just a myth... if youre good coder and you have passionate small team you can make something great and big and hopefully unique with 1-4 years or just keep working on it...
Quote Originally Posted by sebastiankit View Post
actually... you are wrong at the A: part... im game developer and the thing you said about Thousands of people working on one game for years is just a myth... if youre good coder and you have passionate small team you can make something great and big and hopefully unique with 1-4 years or just keep working on it...
His examples are correct for his statement. The games he listed do have teams of thousands working on them.
Posts 1–11 of 11 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?