Using Steam with your hacked client [Windows/Mac]

Posts 1–15 of 81 · Page 1 of 6
Using Steam with your hacked client [Windows/Mac]
Using an hacked client with the Steam version of ROTMG

Credits :
JustAnoobRotmg for this method
Nilly, JustAnoobRotmg , flyrocket and others for hacked clients
MaohNoRaiden for mac folder location
Gabe Newel

You need

  • Steam with the Rotmg game
  • Any hacked client for the current game build IN SWF form.
  • Know the REAL NAME of the SWF ("AssembleeGameClientXXXXXXXX.swf")

Instructions

1) Change your OS properties to show file extensions

Windows :






One of the options under Advanced settings is "Hide extensions for known file types." If this option is checked, uncheck the checkbox and click Apply or OK.

Mac
Click on the desktop to activate the Finder if is not already active and select "Preferences..." from the Finder menu.


Then click on the Advanced tab in the Finder Preferences window as shown below:


Finally, check the "Show all file extensions" box.

2) Copy the hacked client into the Rotmg.Production\Local Store folder

On Windows, this folder is :

C:\Users\<MyUsername>\AppData\Roaming\RotMG.Produc tion\Local Store

where <MyUsername> is your username

On Mac , the good folder looks like this

/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Preferences/RotMG.Production/Local Folder


3) Rename the hacked client to "AssembleeGameClientXXXXXXXX"

-> The name must be the current name of the original swf from the official website WITHOUT THE SWF EXTENSION

For the current build it is AssembleeGameClient1355270925

4) Launch the game in Steam and Enjoy


I wish I wasn't banned lol. Thanks for the tutorial noob
I can't get this to work, I've done exactly as you wrote and it just doesn't use the hacked .swf file when I launch the game through steam..

Any idea what's wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, I tried replacing the "AssembleeGameClientProxy" inside steamapps/common/Realm of the mad god instead and that did the trick. Putting it in C:\Users\<MyUsername>\AppData\Roaming\RotMG.Produc tion\Local Store did not work for me.
I did all this and it was working and all of the sudden it stopped, I have no idea why, is there any way to check what to call the client if it has changed or something?

EDIT: Resolved, used the method from this [URL="http://www.mpgh.net/forum/599-realm-mad-god-cheats-hacks/511660-here-all-codes-posted-about-rotmg-tut.html"] post to find the client name, and it worked. new client is AssembleeGameClient1355779446
this does not work for me ive done everything you said upload a video (if this would work you would not see that wild shadow loading screen)
AssembleeGameClient1355870623

12/19/12
jedisorc is right, dont forget they sometimes make silent updates.
You may use Process Monitor (on Windows) to see what "AssembleGameCLientXXXXX" file "Realm of the mad god.exe" is trying to open..

Or check the current number by opening this http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/version.txt
It's hidden. How can I find out now?
nvm it is back
Its not working. I need help
Gotta love when people explain their problem with such depth and detail, sure makes it easy for the ones who try to help.
nvm got it to work
Tried doing this for one I just got Jan 6 2013, which is AssembleeGameClient1356253439. I changed the config file using Nilly's to mod the swf but it won't save properly. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Posts 1–15 of 81 · Page 1 of 6

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Need help?