SolvedHigh CPU Temperatures

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
High CPU Temperatures
Hey guys,
I just installed a new AMD FX 8120 CPU. It is running at 3.1ghz, but its idle temperature is holding at around 56 degrees Celsius... I am using a good liquid cooling heat-sink system, along with a fine thermal compound. If I run all eight cores at 100% using Prime95, the temperature rises to around 62 degrees Celsius and holds there. These seem like awfully high temps to me, but I wanted a second opinion and possibly a suggestion as to how to lower the temp. I do not want to disable the Turbo Core tech, and I would like to overclock it eventually. When I ran the computer with an AMD Phenom at 2.8 ghz, the idle temperature was around 43 degrees Celsius.

Basically, I just want to know if these are high temperatures for an AMD FX 8120, and if so, what can I do to lower them.


Thanks,
1x1x1x1
Fixed the problem. I just had to do a few burn-ins and let it sit for a while. It was probably the thermal paste not being cured long enough.
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
This thread is closed for replies.

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us