Inject dll

Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1
Inject dll
Hi , i was wondering if i can make dll and inject it to my app (made in vb.net) and make something with it ?
like after injecting dll label1.text = "1000000"
yes, you can.

the dll must contain the code to " set label1.text = ..." , which might not be as easy as just poking 1 value, but yeah it's possible.
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
yes, you can.

the dll must contain the code to " set label1.text = ..." , which might not be as easy as just poking 1 value, but yeah it's possible.
can u give my link of some tutorial how to do that ?
oo sorry I don't know how I thought you were asking if it's possible...

I don't do
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post
but i want code that works ...
^^posted < 20 minutes ago. About enumerating modules used by a process.

Try google, or do you need specific search terms?
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
oo sorry I don't know how I thought you were asking if it's possible...
xD , i want to know how to do that ...
....................removed. sry.
Quote Originally Posted by abuckau907 View Post
....................removed. sry.
idk what to google to find example :P
Quote Originally Posted by tynab View Post


idk what to google to find example :P
almost literally translates to "idk what my question is" ... maybe not, but yeah, it does.

edit:
why is a .net dll different than a 'normal dll' <--- most important ?

what is injecting? <-- obviously you can do it, but do you know how it works other than [ctrl+v oo crap it worked]

"hosting .net CLR in native apps \ injecting "

and a couple permutations of all 3.

pingo here at mpgh has RECENTLY posted about this, ie. a lot less google. but you still have to read..
bump* still need help
What the fuck?

Do you mean an assembly or a dynamically link library? If you are talknig about a dynamic link library, you can reference it in your solution. If you need to load it at run-time, there is a module in the .Net framework that allows for this via reflection : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...einstance.aspx

I haven't used it in a while, hence why I suggest you do independant research on it. It isn't difficult to do, but if you can, just reference it.

Are you trying to achieve some sort of inter-process communication? There are more efficient ways of doing that.

*EDIT*

Oh, you mean after injecting an unmanaged dll into your .net application you want to change the properties of the managed (.net) application.

First of all, that sounds like a terrible idea. What are you trying to do?
Second of all, calling managed code from unmanaged code is best achieved via a COM interface IMO, but it might be the more difficult route if all you need to do is signal an application. So I would suggest we find the goal and implement a different solution if possible.
Your question isn't clear, what are you trying to do and what has this got to do with C++?
I think I understand. I'm pretty sure Jason released a library with methods to inject managed assemblies into a process. Try writing an assembly(class library, dll) that, once loaded and running in the target process, uses reflection to find all objects of type Label. In C# it would be like "if (object yadablahblah is Label) { (Label)yadablahblah.Text = "What the tits?"}
If I'm understanding this correctly, it really isn't too hard. You need to understand basic polymorphism and learn to use reflection. If the program you're injecting is your own, then there are probably a hundred or so better ways to do this.
Posts 1–13 of 13 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us