Abstract data types vs Subclasses

Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1
Abstract data types vs Subclasses
Does abstract data types (ADT) such as Linked lists, Stacks or Queues, lessen the number of subclasses?

For example,

Scenario 1 (with ADT) :
I have a User class and another class called UserList for my linked list which i can store different types of users.

Scenario 2 (without ADT) :
I have a User superclass. I create subclasses to store my different types of users.


Does this mean ADTs helped to remove/lessen the number of subclasses?
Quote Originally Posted by ouchouch View Post
Does abstract data types (ADT) such as Linked lists, Stacks or Queues, lessen the number of subclasses?

For example,

Scenario 1 (with ADT) :
I have a User class and another class called UserList for my linked list which i can store different types of users.

Scenario 2 (without ADT) :
I have a User superclass. I create subclasses to store my different types of users.


Does this mean ADTs helped to remove/lessen the number of subclasses?
This question doesn't make any sense to me. Abstract Data Types are purely theoretical and are used to describe the function of an object's ability to perform an operation. A subclass is a class which inherits from a superclass and defines actual implementation. I can't infer meaning from this.

Can you reword your question?
Posts 1–2 of 2 · Page 1 of 1

Post a Reply

Similar Threads

Tags for this Thread

None

Talk with us